Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-23-2012, 06:57 PM   #1

More warranty issues

Tomorrow we are taking our 330RLTS in for more warranty work.
1. Loose trim pieces by the door.
2. Secreen door still won't latch.
3. Tape on all three slides is wrinkled.
4. Bathroom sink drips unless you shut the faucets off really hard.
5. Bad piece of wood on curb side cabinet.
6. Cushions on sofa are sagged baddly.
7. Kitchen sink water drips onto the shelf below at times.
8. The range is not even close to being level. It is tilted toward the wall.
9. The cabinet next to the microwave is not even close to being square.
10. The slide that holds the range and refrigerator has dime size bubbles in the fiberglass. At first we thought it was the decals but it is not.
11. The slidding door is now off the track.

This dealer is about 100 miles away from our home and we hope things get fixed the first time.

Well the bright side is that the slides are all working properly and the brakes are all working now.

All this is making our old Montana look better every day.
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:20 PM   #2

Mostly...mostly minor issues and hopefully the dealer is a good one.

Dropped our Pinnacle off at our local dealer for a water heater problem, doesn't work on electric and only warm water on propane and a fix to the screen door that one of our dogs pretty much trashed, and saw a new full body paint Redwood (supposedly a high line unit) that someone just picked up in Colorado with all kinds of issues.

Happens...to us too...just don't get discouraged as it will be fixed and better for down the road.

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:32 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
Tomorrow we are taking our 330RLTS in for more warranty work.
1. Loose trim pieces by the door.
2. Secreen door still won't latch.
3. Tape on all three slides is wrinkled.
4. Bathroom sink drips unless you shut the faucets off really hard.
5. Bad piece of wood on curb side cabinet.
6. Cushions on sofa are sagged baddly.
7. Kitchen sink water drips onto the shelf below at times.
8. The range is not even close to being level. It is tilted toward the wall.
9. The cabinet next to the microwave is not even close to being square.
10. The slide that holds the range and refrigerator has dime size bubbles in the fiberglass. At first we thought it was the decals but it is not.
11. The slidding door is now off the track.

This dealer is about 100 miles away from our home and we hope things get fixed the first time.

Well the bright side is that the slides are all working properly and the brakes are all working now.

All this is making our old Montana look better every day.
Good Luck
Our 330rlts also has alot of issues that need to be addressed.
Reese straight line dual cam
17k wd hitch
2005 GMC diesel
Crew cab long bed
:Flag:
bounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:26 AM   #4

three weekends in our 2012 330rlts nothing yet but you guys have me concerned now and I am looking...
rheyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:34 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry G. View Post
Mostly...mostly minor issues and hopefully the dealer is a good one.

Dropped our Pinnacle off at our local dealer for a water heater problem, doesn't work on electric and only warm water on propane and a fix to the screen door that one of our dogs pretty much trashed, and saw a new full body paint Redwood (supposedly a high line unit) that someone just picked up in Colorado with all kinds of issues.

Happens...to us too...just don't get discouraged as it will be fixed and better for down the road.
Larry, It is intresting that you had the same water heater problem we had, ours stopped working on electric in the first few weeks of use, only worked on propane. Dealer said it was a bad thermostat on the electric operation. They replaced the thermostat, we have not had any problems since. (Except for when we are moving locations and I forget to turn the water heater switch on!)
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:20 AM   #6

We had our fair share too with our 32TSBH. I feel sorry for you guys especially since you've got Eagles or better. Sadly enough, all these quality issues are going to catch up with Jayco and the rest of the RV industry. It's only a matter of time. People won't want to deal with this crap.
Equalizer 12K
Forgvn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:41 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Fla View Post
Larry, It is intresting that you had the same water heater problem we had, ours stopped working on electric in the first few weeks of use, only worked on propane. Dealer said it was a bad thermostat on the electric operation. They replaced the thermostat, we have not had any problems since. (Except for when we are moving locations and I forget to turn the water heater switch on!)
That is a coincidence Rob...probably the same thermostat problem and easy fix.

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:17 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgvn77 View Post
We had our fair share too with our 32TSBH. I feel sorry for you guys especially since you've got Eagles or better. Sadly enough, all these quality issues are going to catch up with Jayco and the rest of the RV industry. It's only a matter of time. People won't want to deal with this crap.
We'll never buy anouther Jayco product.
17k wd hitch
2005 GMC diesel
Crew cab long bed
Old 05-25-2012, 07:29 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounder View Post
We'll never buy anouther Jayco product.
I am not sure if we will or not.

Our Montana had lots of problems but most were things like AC, furnace, refrigerator and were not really Montana issues. The crappy Lippert frame and slides were Montana issues because they chose to use them.

With this Jayco it has been slides out of adjustment, door wouldn't stay shut, brakes full of grease, crooked cabinets, loose trim, sagging couch cushion, slide tape on all three slides, dripping faucets, leaking kitchen sink line, small bubbles in the fiberglass. All these are Jayco problems. I think the Amish craftsman must have been cross eyed and lost his level when he made the cabinets. On the plus side it is the best floor plan we could find in a travel trailer. It really fits our needs.

This is our 5th trip to a dealership and I really hope it will be the last. It really makes one think about an extended warranty.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:42 PM   #10

Quote:
I am not sure if we will or not.

Our Montana had lots of problems but most were things like AC, furnace, refrigerator and were not really Montana issues. The crappy Lippert frame and slides were Montana issues because they chose to use them.

With this Jayco it has been slides out of adjustment, door wouldn't stay shut, brakes full of grease, crooked cabinets, loose trim, sagging couch cushion, slide tape on all three slides, dripping faucets, leaking kitchen sink line. All these are Jayco problems. I think the Amish craftsman must have been cross eyed and lost his level when he made the cabinets. On the plus side it is the best floor plan we could find in a travel trailer. It really fits our needs.

This is our 5th trip to a dealership and I really hope it will be the last. It really makes one think about an extended warranty.
We also like the floor plan lots of room (we live in it 5-6 months a year). It's just poor workmanship. I don't think they can read a tape measure or a level. Did Jayco quit making the 330rlts after 2 years for a reason? We sold a Carriage 5th wheel to get this trailer.
17k wd hitch
2005 GMC diesel
Crew cab long bed
Old 05-25-2012, 07:49 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounder View Post
We also like the floor plan lots of room (we live in it 5-6 months a year). It's just poor workmanship. I don't think they can read a tape measure or a level. Did Jayco quit making the 330rlts after 2 years for a reason? We sold a Carriage 5th wheel to get this trailer.
Ernie, if we had known that this was going to be a problem we would have kept our Montana and saved a LOT of money. Hopefully the floor plan will keep the price up and resale in a few years will be good. I really can't see how Jayco could have made much on the 330RLTS with all the warranty issues. Hopefully with just a two year run the price will stay up.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:28 PM   #12

Quote:
Ernie, if we had known that this was going to be a problem we would have kept our Montana and saved a LOT of money. Hopefully the floor plan will keep the price up and resale in a few years will be good. I really can't see how Jayco could have made much on the 330RLTS with all the warranty issues. Hopefully with just a two year run the price will stay up.
I guess we'll just have to make the best of it. We're leaving next Thursday for 4 1/2 months. I will fix some of things that are wrong & the rest of it will get fixed when we get back in October. Thank god for 2 year warranty.
17k wd hitch
2005 GMC diesel
Crew cab long bed
Old 05-25-2012, 09:30 PM   #13

Sorry to hear your having so many problems.
Jrmay25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:20 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrmay25 View Post
Sorry to hear your having so many problems.
LOL, I would be willing to bet that you are not half as sorry as we are. I do have to say that Jayco has been good about fixing things altho a little slow on the pay back part. We had to wait for 4 months to get reimbursed for the greasy brakes. They have answered our calls and recommended us to different dealers that did fix things correctly the first time. It is just a shame that a higher end trailer has so many problems dealing with human error.

Hopefully this will be our last set of issues and I can make a positive report next time. I really hate that we will be without our trailer for several weeks. We use it a lot and live in it about 8 or 9 months a year. Saddly for us we will be loosing most of the month of June.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:37 AM   #15

Jayco was good about fixing the few issues I had on my 08 Eagle. The problem with the entire RV Industry is they police themselves when it comes to quality, workmanship, and engineering. The RVIA is owned and funded by the RV Manufacturers, so looking at them, or their standards, it is like the fox watching the hen house. As a whole the RV Industry seems to be lax these days, and you would think they would want to earn my business.