Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-25-2022, 12:58 PM   #1

Morryde Step Ahead stairs removal

I have a 2021 Jayco Pinnacle 36SSWS and am planning to remove the Morryde stairs to build a porch and deck. Any input would be great to help me pull the stairs out.

Thanks
bracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 03:13 PM   #2

videos docs here https://www.morryde.com/products/ste...v-entry-steps/

2017 Ram Cummins 3500, 4x4, Dually Aisin, 3.73
B&W hitch
Learjet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 04:26 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learjet View Post
I still can't figure it out. There are no "quick release" pins on my stairs. Have you removed the stairs from your rig? Was it a Pinnacle? Thanks
Old 07-25-2022, 05:31 PM   #4
RPR

Safety pins not used for safety reasons.
RPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 07:27 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPR View Post
Safety pins not used for safety reasons.
Have you had any experience removing the stairs yourself? I need some input to get the stairs off. Thanks
Old 07-25-2022, 07:34 PM   #6

My first set had no pins but when folded up into the camper their were 4 lag screws holding the hinged plate with the steps attached to the floor of the camper. Those were replaced under warranty with a set with the hinge pins but the plate still had the lag screws that attached it to the floor. I unistalled and reinstalled them myself. They were not on a Pinnacle though. Can you post a picture of the top plate with the steps up and another with them down?

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 08:07 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcm157 View Post
My first set had no pins but when folded up into the camper their were 4 lag screws holding the hinged plate with the steps attached to the floor of the camper. Those were replaced under warranty with a set with the hinge pins but the plate still had the lag screws that attached it to the floor. I unistalled and reinstalled them myself. They were not on a Pinnacle though. Can you post a picture of the top plate with the steps up and another with them down?
Yes. There are no screws holding the hinge plate to the floor - there is some kind of apparatus on the inside of my RV. I can't tell by looking at it but it sortof looks like there is an axel or something on the inside that allows the steps to move up and down. I'm only surmising that though because no axel is visable - it is hidden by the large hinge.
Old 07-25-2022, 08:26 PM   #8

[attach][attach][attach]Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6293.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	83030[/attach][/attach][/attach]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bracer View Post
yes. There are no screws holding the hinge plate to the floor - there is some kind of apparatus on the inside of my rv. I can't tell by looking at it but it sortof looks like there is an axel or something on the inside that allows the steps to move up and down. I'm only surmising that though because no axel is visable - it is hidden by the large hinge.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6287.jpg   IMG_6288.jpg   IMG_6289.jpg  
Old 07-26-2022, 11:59 AM   #9

I would start by unbolting the two horizontal bolts through the top of the peaks on each side of the door. Maybe once you pull them out, that cover piece over the threshold will come free exposing the actual lag screws. I would also call MorRyde Customer Support. I have had a great experience with them on a step above warranty issue. (574) 293-1581

2022 33RBTS
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Old 07-26-2022, 01:11 PM   #10

Quote:
I would start by unbolting the two horizontal bolts through the top of the peaks on each side of the door. Maybe once you pull them out, that cover piece over the threshold will come free exposing the actual lag screws. I would also call MorRyde Customer Support. I have had a great experience with them on a step above warranty issue. (574) 293-1581
The entire hinge mechanism appears to be bolted to the inside wall. I'm going to attack this first by unbolting the mounts on either side of inside of the door. Then my plan is to turn the step assemble 180 degrees and slide it out of the door. I just don't see any other way.
Old 07-26-2022, 01:51 PM   #11

Quote:
The entire hinge mechanism appears to be bolted to the inside wall. I'm going to attack this first by unbolting the mounts on either side of inside of the door. Then my plan is to turn the step assemble 180 degrees and slide it out of the door. I just don't see any other way.
That's how I would go - Looks like the only option based on the pictures. Let us know how you make out.

2022 33RBTS
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Old 07-26-2022, 02:07 PM   #12

Quote:
That's how I would go - Looks like the only option based on the pictures. Let us know how you make out.
Will do. The guy that is building the porch/deck will need it out by Friday Afternoon, so that's when you will hear back from me. Thanks
Old 08-03-2022, 12:43 PM   #13

I installed two of these steps on our 5th wheel and the hinge just screwed into the floor. You can only see the screws with the step folded up. You pictures are to small for me to see if yours is the same.

2022 Entegra Vision XL 36C
2023 Ford Bronco (Toad)
2015 Heartland Gateway 3650BH 5th wheel (sold)
Justafordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 01:19 PM   #14

Quote:
Will do. The guy that is building the porch/deck will need it out by Friday Afternoon, so that's when you will hear back from me. Thanks
Finally got the steps out. My steps were factory installed and it also had the pistons to make raising and lowering the stairs easier. Anyway, there were steel brackets on the inside wall each with 5 or 6 screws (Square drive heads) and once those were removed, then there were 4 screws that went into the floor. Took about an hour to figure it out and then remove the stairs
Old 08-03-2022, 01:21 PM   #15

Quote:
Finally got the steps out. My steps were factory installed and it also had the pistons to make raising and lowering the stairs easier. Anyway, there were steel brackets on the inside wall each with 5 or 6 screws (Square drive heads) and once those were removed, then there were 4 screws that went into the floor. Took about an hour to figure it out and then remove the stairs
Good job sticking with it and figuring it out.

2022 Entegra Vision XL 36C
2023 Ford Bronco (Toad)
2015 Heartland Gateway 3650BH 5th wheel (sold)
Justafordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 02:09 PM   #16

Glad you got it figured out...

2022 33RBTS
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Old 08-03-2022, 08:26 PM   #17

I built a nice deck for our 17 Pinnacle. The deck slides over the top tread on the stairs. The deck sits on a couple of 2x6's. I slide it away from the trailer with my little tractor when we want to hit the road. The deck is 8x8 with stairs on either side.
I would post a picture if I could figure out how.
wbchinook is offline   Reply With Quote