Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-07-2012, 07:25 PM   #1

New 23j roof issue

We bought a new 2011 Jayco 23j this year and noticed that the when we ran the airconditioner the last few times we were not getting any condensation coming off the roof. This last weekend we were out camping and it rained, I noticed that we didnt have any water coming off the roof. I grabbed a step ladder and looked on the rood and it has a big drop towards the air conditioner and the water was sitting on the roof in a big puddle. Has anyone else experienced this issue with their hybrids?
slabat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:30 AM   #2

This doesn't sound right to me. Take it to the dealer while it is still under warranty. The roof is suppose to have a crown in it so the water flows off the side into the gutter. Sounds like your lucky the roof isn't leaking yet.
Happily married and father of
two university students.
Cancer survivor
Murphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:21 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphie View Post
This doesn't sound right to me. Take it to the dealer while it is still under warranty. The roof is suppose to have a crown in it so the water flows off the side into the gutter. Sounds like your lucky the roof isn't leaking yet.
x2 ... if need be when you're at the dealer, get a ladder and compare your roof to a similar model, especially if you need to prove your point with the dealer. I'd suggest you follow it up with a call to Jayco.

2010 JayFeather 23K
05 GMC Envoy XL
McMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 01:19 PM   #4

That is a problem with the hybrids...the roofs are flat! We had to replace our entire roof on our 2007 232 due to a leak around the air conditioner. Luckily insurance covered it as it was nearly $6k! All of the Jayco hybrids I have seen have flat roofs.

2017 28BHBE Kitchen skylight, remote control and Aluminum wheels hitched by ProPride 3P
2017 Ram 2500 CC LB 4x4 Big Horn Cummins
LiftedAWDAstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:04 AM   #5

Thanks for correcting me on this. I wasn't aware that there were flat roofs on these models. I know the Jayco model we bought has had some known issues with soft spots in the middle of the floor. It seems to appear a few years after the warranty runs out. Not sure why these issues aren't addressed when they become known. Sounds like this is a similar issue.
Happily married and father of
two university students.
Cancer survivor
Murphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:52 PM   #6

Slabat, is your roof flat or crowned? My 2012 23B (hybrid) has a very crowned roof.

Just my 2cents, if it is a flat roof, my thought is the AC mounts are installed way to tight.

X2 talk with your dealer or Jayco, while it is still under warranty.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote