Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Jayco Tech and Tow > Jayco Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 11-27-2020, 09:57 AM   #1

New E450 dash warning, "Service AdvanceTrac". What should I do?

Hi everyone,
Wish you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
2 days ago when I drive on freeway at 60 MPH, my Entegra Coach Odyssey dash report "Service AdvanceTrac", at the same time immediately the RV becomes hard to control. My wife had a chance to take a picture for me while driving. After pull to a rest area dash board showed a warning sign but everything disappear after engine shutoff.

Google with this error message tell me "AdvanceTrac is an electronic stability control system. Others may refer to it as a “traction control” system.
The warning is displayed whenever traction safety features may be unavailable or may malfunction." This seems like a very serious issue especially for a new engine only has less than 3500 miles.

I have a general question since I am new to RV: Do I need to call Jayco/Entegra coach or I should call Ford/go Ford dealer directly?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0543.jpg   IMG_7051.jpg  
kyuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 10:22 AM   #2
CAG

I would call first but this sounds like a Ford warranty issue.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 10:28 AM   #3

Definitely FORD. You could have picked up something on the road too.

If the “service AdvanceTrac” warning indicator light comes on in the dashboard, this could be an indication of several issues.

A faulty wheel-speed sensor
A faulty steering-angle sensor
A faulty rotational-speed sensor
An issue with the steering rack
Something that is lodged in one of the wheels
The AdvanceTrac system needs to be reprogrammed
Old 11-27-2020, 03:32 PM   #4

Its could be wheel speed related/ABS. It will also set a code but I have never seen that cause a handling issue?
Old 11-27-2020, 03:36 PM   #5

It could also be where jayco has damaged the ford wiring some where while putting the unit together. I have seen this multiple times when body's are put on peterbilt chassis. I would take it to ford first. When we have found the problem to be body builder caused we get payment from the bodybuilder without customer involvement. Of course this being an rv your experience may very.
Old 11-27-2020, 03:48 PM   #6

I had that one time myself. I had no handling issues. It was raining that day. I also noticed that the cruise control would not work. I stopped at the next rest area turned it off and restarted I have not had it again. Probably been about 3000 miles or so ago. I did not have it checked out.
2naEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 01:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2naEagle View Post
I had that one time myself. I had no handling issues. It was raining that day. I also noticed that the cruise control would not work. I stopped at the next rest area turned it off and restarted I have not had it again. Probably been about 3000 miles or so ago. I did not have it checked out.
Thank you 2naEagle! Mins after I saw that "Service AdvanceTrac" there was another msg saying "Hill start disabled" to something similar on dash but I did not take a pic of it. Any specific reason why not check it out?
Old 11-29-2020, 01:28 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuan View Post
Thank you 2naEagle! Mins after I saw that "Service AdvanceTrac" there was another msg saying "Hill start disabled" to something similar on dash but I did not take a pic of it. Any specific reason why not check it out?

No specific reason just never got around to it. Figured if it happens again I will get it checked.
2naEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 10:43 AM   #9

FORD working on it?

I got this error while driving to the Ford dealer to get a recall on the insulation done.

They just told by their hotline not to do anything to the vehicle since they are working on a solution. But my cruise control and hill climb assist does not work when that error is displayed.

This seems ridiculous that Ford does not even know what to do.
TX-PMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 06:19 PM   #10

Now I feel more nervous anytime I drive RV out.
Thank you for the update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX-PMM View Post
I got this error while driving to the Ford dealer to get a recall on the insulation done.

They just told by their hotline not to do anything to the vehicle since they are working on a solution. But my cruise control and hill climb assist does not work when that error is displayed.

Old 03-24-2021, 06:23 PM   #11
CAG

Quote:

Now I feel more nervous anytime I drive RV out.
Thank you for the update!

Life is an adventure. If everything causes stress when you do it, then don't do it. There seem to be a bunch of up-tight people lately because they can't take it as it comes and over react to the situation at the time. Just my rant, sorry.

I look at it as what can happen? The rig stops, I pull off to the side of the road and call road service.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 01:11 PM   #12

Quote:
Kyuan,

I have a 2021 Greyhawk 30z. I have had the exact issues you are describing. I had both of the messages displayed on the dash. I also had a very bad handeling issue and the cruise would not work. That was on our last trip out of town which was the first trip in the unit. We are on a trip now and have not had that problem. The cruise works as well. I have talked to Ford and they said to bring it in on April 1 so we’ll see what they say.
Travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 07:55 AM   #13

Service Advance Trak

I just got back from a 4000 mile maiden voyage in a 2021 Jayco Redhawk 24B and we had the same issues as described above. This issue came up with strong cross winds. It did not affect drivability but it did turn off cruise control. Once I stopped and turned off the ignition and restarted, it would turn off the service light and cruise would work again until I would hit another cross wind. I intend to bring this to Fords attention ASAP.
wisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 09:51 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX-PMM View Post

It's likely a software issue.
Old 04-06-2021, 09:24 PM   #15

We are also struggling with this issue. Been trying to get Dealer or Ford to fix/replace common causes listed above started on our 1st trip out in October 2020. Still can't get Ford to take care of and Jayco dealer is dragging their feet. So very frustrated.
Lov2ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 07:03 AM   #16

This stinks. The Jayco 2021s are on the new Ford chassis so it would appear they have bugs to work out. Everything is computer programmed so it takes forever to fix to ensure they don't break anything else.
Old 04-07-2021, 07:20 AM   #17

At least this seems more of a nuisance than a show-stopper issue. Seems it just disables the cruise and nanny features.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 09:45 PM   #18
Ob1

I have 2021 Entegra Esteem 27U. Ford has told me they are working on a solution also. I have 8000 miles and 2000 of those were with out cruise because of advance trac continuously setting a code. It can happen if a wheel slips when turning or if hit a sizable pothole at hwy speed or mostly driving in crosswind and when a semi passes and you maneuver steering side to side. Very irritating. If I stopped and reset ignition off and on every time I would not get anywhere. Still waiting for Ford fix!
Ob1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 04:36 AM   #19

I wonder if this can be disabled somehow for now.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 01:05 PM   #20

any updates?
basicinstinct911 is offline   Reply With Quote