Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-25-2015, 10:20 AM   #21

UPDATE:
Jayco Customer Service did respond to my inquiry this morning.

Hello Josh,

I have reviewed the build order on this unit and found the radio you currently have is the correct one. The options and standards are subject to change through out the model year as stated in the brochure. I will contact your selling dealer and discuss with them getting the stereo w/Bluetooth added to your unit. Jayco will be doing this as a goodwill gesture as this is not a warranty issue.

Thank You

Having them point out the "subject to change" and yet still offer to work to get the unit upgraded does make me appreciate the effort it seems Jayco is willing to go to satisfy their customers.
RJWX23F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 02:56 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJWX23F View Post
UPDATE:

Hello Josh,

I have reviewed the build order on this unit and found the radio you currently have is the correct one. The options and standards are subject to change through out the model year as stated in the brochure. I will contact your selling dealer and discuss with them getting the stereo w/Bluetooth added to your unit. Jayco will be doing this as a goodwill gesture as this is not a warranty issue.

Thank You

Having them point out the "subject to change" and yet still offer to work to get the unit upgraded does make me appreciate the effort it seems Jayco is willing to go to satisfy their customers.

Perhaps they need to add " At our disgression and for any reason we want to, we can and may make changes as we see fit". I would think, I guess wrongly, they would only change "Standard" items when they are not available, and even then should be as close to the standard or better.

Do they really think people are just fine with this? Not even telling you what they are doing? We looked at many units before choosing what we wanted, and I expect to get what we ordered, not what they want to give us.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 03:03 PM   #23

I wouldn't let it go, I would keep on them until they make it right. I wouldn't trust a dealership that would do something like that.
Old 02-25-2015, 03:23 PM   #24

Wouldnt that be covered under warranty? If the jack was bad I would think (as a dealer) they would say something like" noticed the jack was bad so we put this TEMPORARY on on until the new one comes in". They could have atleast painted it for you.
exjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 06:28 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by exjay1 View Post
Wouldnt that be covered under warranty? If the jack was bad I would think (as a dealer) they would say something like" noticed the jack was bad so we put this TEMPORARY on on until the new one comes in". They could have atleast painted it for you.
But they didn't say a word. They had every opportunity to say something during delivery and didn't. They only said something after he brought it to their attention. Yeah it's covered under warranty. I wouldn't trust them.

I work in the HVAC Business. If you Just purchased a brand new A/C unit for your home, I found the condenser fan motor was bad and replaced it with a beat up used one and didnt say anything, I would look incredibly foolish after being called out on it. I would probably never be trusted again by you either.
HD Trailering Package with Integrated Brake Controller

Camping Couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 07:15 PM   #26
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJWX23F View Post
UPDATE:

Hello Josh,

Thank You

It looks like this will end well after all. Enjoy the new trailer.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 03:42 AM   #27

my dealer has went way out of his way to help me with every little issue I have had. some things were replaced even after warranty, and even though I told them that I had damaged it. Great people! I would let jayco know what they did to you concerning the jack(maybe even refer them to this thread so they can see for themselves how people feel about it). As for the bt stereo, yes, you should have it. Once again, not right on jayco's part and they know it. they should review their relationship with this dealer. just my 2 cents.
No TV since Tundra can't do it

krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 07:56 AM   #28

Sounds like your getting the issues resolved. Congrats. Hopefully you will have no other issues.
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 11:11 AM   #29

From a newbie I really appreciate all the insights you have shared with me on this issue. No updates but the dealer will hopefully call me when they have the new parts ready and get it all squared away. I'll let you all know when that happens and/or if it doesn't!
Old 02-26-2015, 02:05 PM   #30

Nothing to add but I hope the dealer fixes your issues and does something to earn your business again. Really shady for them to have swapped your jack for a used one. There really is no excuse for such a thing to happen.
2006 Forest River Salem Hybrid *sold*
thebuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 11:20 AM   #31

UPDATE:

Dropped by the dealer this morning and picked up the new tongue jack -- brought in the old one. Rather than dragging the camper all the way (only 30mi) there I'm just swapping them out myself which the dealer was perfectly ok with.

They were nice and apologized again about the mix up.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:30 AM   #32

Glad it all worked out for you.

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
x23f jay feather