Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-19-2013, 12:05 PM   #21

Today's phone call from the dealer was to inform me that my refrigerator is not holding a steady temperature and that they will be submitting a request to replace it under warranty.
CevCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 12:36 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CevCamper View Post
Today's phone call from the dealer was to inform me that my refrigerator is not holding a steady temperature.....
But you knew that already :-).....strange problem, glad it's getting straightened out
Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:06 PM   #23

The norcold unit in our new 145Rb would not cool.
After a call to the dealer today, I was told that the problem is a thermocouple.
The part is on "order"; I'll post again if the problem gets fixed with the new part.
ranchosinvacas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:26 AM   #24

After close to a month, we will be picking up our 184bh from the dealer service dep't tomorrow. Frustratingly, the only info I have right now is that the problem is fixed and the refrigerator is working. No details on what they did to solve the problem. I guess I'll know soon enough.

I'll report back with results.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:26 PM   #25

Anytime I've had work done at General RV in Wixom, Michigan I receive a detailed parts/ service report. This includes warranty work. I keep good records!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Happy trails,
billb800si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:34 PM   #26

Norcold 2 way refrigerator in Swift 184bh

I brought home my trailer on Saturday and immediately powered up to test the fridge. It went right down to temp and has stayed between 29 - 30 degrees since then. The dealer was never able to identify what the problem was but Jayco authorized a replacement because the old unit was fluctuating too much. Just in time for our next trip!
Old 11-05-2013, 09:22 PM   #27

This thread is sort of related to several forum members with our various Norcold problems.
A follow up on my 2-way norcold refrigerator problem.
The dealer contacted Norcold and was given the approval to order parts and fix the problem with the unit.
A new flame sensor ( thermocouple ) was installed. The dealer had the trailer for 16 days. The norcold worked great on LP gas on a recent 4 day trip. It even created ice cubes on LP gas!!! I am not yet convinced that it is working on shore power. I have it set on max-cold and on electic power right now and will report on whether it works on 120V.
Old 11-06-2013, 08:04 AM   #28

Good to hear!
John LLRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:38 PM   #29

Norcold unit has been connected to shore power for over 18 hours and it is the same temperature as the ambient air.
In other words it works fine on LP gas but still does not work on 120 V electric.
If it's 40 degrees outdoors the unit reads 40 and if it's 60 degrees outside the unit reads 60.
The Jayco dealer that did the warranty work got the LP function right but not the electric function.
The dealer that did the work is 4 hours away and I don't like the idea of hauling it all the way back again.
Maybe it's time to change repair locations for what appears to be an on going warranty issue.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:03 AM   #30

OK...time to set things straight from previous post..,
I got the trailer, 145 RB (baja edition), back from the dealer after they did warranty work on the Norcold refrigerator.
The service tech said he replaced the flame sensor!!!
Yes! All is good with the LP gas system, it works great!
The service tech said it now also works fine on electric too!!!
We left from the dealer and then went on to a 4 day trip to Rocky Point, Mexico.
The Norcold worked great on LP gas, but not on 120 V electric...What the heck?
Got home from Sonora, Mexico yesterday, plugged in the shore power again, still didn't work...Hmmm?
Today, I opened up the exterior vent covers only to fine that the Norcold unit was not plugged into the 120 V receptacle.
So...this evening I plugged in the darn thing and of course it works great on electric too!!!
The point here is to be sure to do your own verification after most service work is performed.
Even though the tech did do the job, I did not check to see if the darn thing was plugged in when we left the dealer's service center.
So...Yes, it works on gas and and Yes, it works on electric too.
I just wish the tech had left it plugged it, and I just wish I had checked on it prior to leaving for the trip and also prior to creating the previous post.
Old 03-18-2014, 04:44 AM   #31

CevCamper,

I have a 185RB, and in the beginning I had nothing but problems with the refer cooling fine and then warming up so I have been down this road. Are you using the AC in the trailer? We found out that when the AC was on it would cause a vacuum inside the trailer, then over a matter of a couple of hours the AC would suck all the cold air out of the refer, but the freezer would be just fine, it was so strong of a vacuum that it would even pull the heat from the back of the refer that is supposed to be outside the trailer.

Norcold replaced the refer with an updated model. It has a reinforced door so that it can't be sucked open from the AC, they put a fan on the back of the refer then finally put insulation around the sides of the refer in the back, behind the refer.

We have had no problems since then, I can keep the refer setting on 3 and freeze meet solid in the refer, milk and pop are ice cold.

I would take it back to the deal and have them call Norcold. Keep pushing the deal if he will not help, call Norcold call Jayco tell them that you are not happy and you know of the recall.
phipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:10 AM   #32

I thought all the undercounter Norcolds in the SWIFT series were "3-way"? Can you run yours on gas electric and 12V?
Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:23 AM   #33

I know that the Swift SLX series have 2 way Gas and 120v fridges.
phipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:52 PM   #34

Norcold is finally cold!

The final result was a complete replacement of the refrigerator. The new one works perfectly and we are very happy
Old 07-01-2021, 09:26 PM   #35

Interesting thread. I have just this week gone thru same problem with our 2014 184bh Swift SLX. I have trouble shoot everything in the thread. And still had the same result. I am not running air at night so maybe the suction thing is causing it. Gonna try putting frozen ice packs into it as well and see if that keeps it stable. Mine is losing chill in freezer somewhat too.
Charles in WV is offline   Reply With Quote