Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-11-2017, 10:00 AM   #21

So Jayco gave me the number of the tech that they have been dealing with over at Norcold and they actually talked to me. So this tech said he is still waiting on pictures of the "upper ventilation" and they are to make sure that it has been "baffled correctly" and he needs the venting sheet. He said their is a chemical spill there right now and he can't get to his computer. I asked him if he couldn't use someone else's computer right now, so he gave me a 2nd email address to get to the dealer, which I did. The tech said that he is going to make sure that he has all of the required paperwork/photos before he sends out a $2000 part plus labor. This is nuts.
Photonut4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 10:46 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photonut4 View Post
So Jayco gave me the number of the tech that they have been dealing with over at Norcold and they actually talked to me. So this tech said he is still waiting on pictures of the "upper ventilation" and they are to make sure that it has been "baffled correctly" and he needs the venting sheet. He said their is a chemical spill there right now and he can't get to his computer. I asked him if he couldn't use someone else's computer right now, so he gave me a 2nd email address to get to the dealer, which I did. The tech said that he is going to make sure that he has all of the required paperwork/photos before he sends out a $2000 part plus labor. This is nuts.
Nuts? No, don't think so.

Get Jayco to authorize going to another service business then pick up your rig and move it to someone that will get the problem solved.

Jayco has never had a problem doing this for customers.

Bottom line sounds like your current dealer does not want to be involved for whatever reason.

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 04:38 AM   #23

Quote:
So here is the update: nothing has been done. We have been talking to the manager at the dealer and Jayco and so far nothing. The dealer has had the rig since January 3rd, and now they are saying they do not know what is wrong with the fridge. Jayco says all she can do is nudge them, but that is it. Yes she confirms that it is covered under warranty, but that does us no good if they don't fix the stupid thing. So Jayco is useless, and the dealer is useless. So frustrating.
I had a problem with a Thetford potty in my second year. Thetford wouldn't pay so Jayco did. Having worked for major OEM's I know how it works. Jayco could fix the problem and deduct the cost from their payment to the respective part manufacturer. I have been on both sides of this procedure and it happens all the time.

Jayco needs to step up and handle it. Maybe the next level of Jayco customer service is the answer?

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 04:40 AM   #24

Quote:
We were initially told it was the cooling unit, now we are told they don't know. I just called Norcold, and they said that they have not heard from the dealership at all. So I then called the dealer back and they said that no, they don't call Norcold, first they had to submit it to their warranty department to get approval, and then the request goes to Norcold. I asked for the phone number of their warranty department and he said he wouldn't give it to me that he would send them and email and then call me back.
This sounds like the dealer is hiding something.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 06:57 AM   #25

Well good news! Thetford/Norcold is sending us a new fridge. They said it should arrive in the next 7-10 business days. YAY!!! Thanks everyone. I very much appreciate everyone's input.
Old 01-12-2017, 07:00 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by edatlanta View Post
This sounds like the dealer is hiding something.
No I don't believe they are. I got copies of all of the correspondence between the dealer and Thetford, and in the last one the dealer wrote to Thetford that they apparently need more training in how to streamline the whole process. That they do.
Old 01-12-2017, 07:42 AM   #27

Glad u r finally getting your fridge, dealer run around sucks.
Grumpy
Jayco told me they will not send a mobile tech unless the dealer requests it. I have been in weekly contact with Jayco trying to get CW to come and replace my bent ladder and install the replacement couch they have. Jayco has called CW but they still have not called me. I have told Jayco I will live with my roof and tire rub until new house is built but ladder is a safety issue and I need it to keep sealing roof.
Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 10:17 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
Glad u r finally getting your fridge, dealer run around sucks.
Grumpy
Jayco told me they will not send a mobile tech unless the dealer requests it. I have been in weekly contact with Jayco trying to get CW to come and replace my bent ladder and install the replacement couch they have. Jayco has called CW but they still have not called me. I have told Jayco I will live with my roof and tire rub until new house is built but ladder is a safety issue and I need it to keep sealing roof.
Rock
Your first problem is CW also the issues you are talking about are not the same as an inoperative fridge, a/c or slide out..
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote