Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-27-2019, 11:07 AM   #1

Norcold N512 Reset - 2010 Octane 161

Thought this may help others looking for a condensed version of the "Reset Dance" if unit is in Lockout:

I Have a Norcold N512 in a 2010 Jayco Octane 161 Toy Hauler. Fridge working fine when I bought it 2 months ago. Just fired it up and got the "n" error. cycled power - no go. (I made sure I had propane by lighting stove - OK; 120 AC and 12 DC both working in trailer). I had previously elevated one side to remove wheels/lube axles, then the other side (i.e. Not Level). The fridge was off though. When I tried to start (Power On, Auto) immediately got the n. trailer wasn't perfect level but both bubbles were between the lines. I leveled better, but was already locked out.

So, I performed reset as described on this and other sites:

A. I turned off unit inside, removed external cover street side of trailer, (took photo of wires).

B. unplugged in this order: 120 VAC plug from receptacle (not black box), 12 VDC+ ; 12 VDC -, two solenoid valve wires, one orange spark sense wire. Did not unplug the 120 from the circuit card (it was stuck and cover slips right over it). Pulled back black cover.

C. Found the 6 pin connector top left and the 5th pin (from left) had no connection, i.e. Reset Pin; photo here (second photo):

https://thenorcoldguy.com/blog/norco...-power-board-/

D. With cover removed, plugged everything back in this order (per other info I found): Spark, Solenoid, AC , 12 VDC+ then 12 VDC-.

E. Went back inside, turn on unit, set to auto... and the "n" appeared (good). back outside, took a 12 gauge solid jumper (insulated with 1/4" bare ends). Fished until the end of the wire was tight against the END of the pin 5 (not sloppy on the side of it) then touched jumper to black box mounting screw (ground). Counted to about 12 and I heard the click. Removed jumper.

F. Went inside ( the "n" was still there) turned off unit. Back outside and disconnected wires in same sequence as B above, replaced black cover, reconnected wires in sequence D above.

G. Back inside, turned on unit, selected AUTO on the Mode switch (Temp was set at 5). The auto light stayed lit, no more "n". After 2 hours it was cooler inside... Cold after about 4 hours, still running this morning (very quiet fridge).

Good luck (remember to do your safety things....)
bluezman55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lockout, n512, norcold, octane 161, refrigerator error