Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-15-2014, 11:52 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeather View Post
Oh for God's sakes, the forum I've posted on is called "Problems & Issues" and we HAVE problems and issues with a camper we bought new that we didn't have with 2 campers that we bought USED. I LOVED my Montana but it was older and we felt that we would have to put money into it (like new decals, etc.). Before that, we had an older Holiday Rambler that we LOVED, too, but a freak storm in Sturgis lifted it up 20 feet in the air and dropped it on its roof. You own a 2014 Jayco, give it a couple years and tell me how happy you are with the quality... We bought ours in 2012 and figured we'd get several years of no problems. Sorry, but I think I have a right to state my opinions without being attacked in a forum called "Problems & Issues". So, who's the "Happy Camper"? Thanks for being so friendly, have a great day!

Most folks who post in this forum are looking for a specific solution to a problem (eg "my furnace won't light") not just to air a laundry list of gripes. Perhaps in the future you could take a closer, more critical look at an RV's practical features instead of being dazzled by how pretty it is. It's not all Jayco's fault and nobody held a gun to your head and forced you to buy it without thoroughly questioning whether it would meet your needs or not.

It's just odd that a new member with very few posts publishes a short story like yours. I'm sorry for your bad experience as most of us on here are pretty happy with our units.

Old 05-15-2014, 03:20 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfarmall View Post
Most folks who post in this forum are looking for a specific solution to a problem (eg "my furnace won't light") not just to air a laundry list of gripes. Perhaps in the future you could take a closer, more critical look at an RV's practical features instead of being dazzled by how pretty it is. It's not all Jayco's fault and nobody held a gun to your head and forced you to buy it without thoroughly questioning whether it would meet your needs or not.

It's just odd that a new member with very few posts publishes a short story like yours. I'm sorry for your bad experience as most of us on here are pretty happy with our units.
X2 well said.

2015 Jayco 24FBS Elite Jay Flight
2013 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4X4 6.0L 3.73 Axle
HD Trailering Package with Integrated Brake Controller
Equal-i-zer Hitch 10k/1000
Camping Couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 07:05 PM   #13

I feel for the guy. My last (first) RV was a complete lemon and I was not getting the satisfaction from the maker nor the dealer. I got onto the owners forum (not Jayco mind you) and did about the same sort of posting as we're seeing here. Did it help me fix things? No. Did I feel better for it? A bit. A couple of the forums members took some exception to my postings, said things to me suggesting I take a deep breath etc. Eventually my log in was banned. I got rid of that RV and bought the Jayco I now have.
So, like I said, I'm sympathetic.
Good luck on getting your problems sorted out, and/or ridding yourself of the RV.
Cosmik Debris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 12:49 AM   #14

I really feel for the guy as we were inundated with one quality issue after another for a year and a half. Most issues have been corrected and we are now fairly happy with our trailer. Because towing it all over seemed to aggravate our slide problem we have decided to leave the trailer where we use it the most (in Arizona) and buy an older smaller trailer for our summer travels.

I wish the OP the best of luck and hope he takes advantage of the really good two year warranty.

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote