Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-29-2016, 09:02 AM   #1

Oh no, bathtub drain leak!!!

Well the wife was giving the kiddos a bath last night before bed and noticed water on the floor. We eventually realized that water was leaking out from UNDER the wall and into the bathroom, hallway AND kitchen!!!

I took off the access panel to the back of the tub and found that the insulation was soaked, the floor under the tub was covered in standing water and the bottom of the walls were wet.

Thankfully we had some shammys and I was able to soak up a lot of the loose water. We are going to be headed home in a little bit from the campground and I am putting a fan in that little access panel and trying to dry out as much as we can.

I'm bummed out about the shower but we have a bunch of trips planned this summer and we aren't willing to cancel them. I am hoping to get a chance to bring the camper to our dealer this upcoming week and at least having them look at it, document it and get authorization for repairs. Hopefully they can do that before our next trip and get parts ordered and we can schedule a time to drop it off for repairs and not interrupt our plans too much this year!

Thank goodness for a 2 year warranty Jayco! I have faith in my dealer and in Jayco to fix this for us, but we are still a little upset about our new camper!

I post this as a gentle reminder for people to keep an eye on potential leak spots periodically throughout the season. Thankfully I know that we last looked underneath the tub a couple months ago, so no long term damage yet!!!

Hope everyone is enjoying their Memorial Day vacations. God bless the men and women that keep us safe and allow us to enjoy our 1st world problems!!!
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 09:18 AM   #2

Can you reach the shower drain? May just be a loose connection.
Old 05-29-2016, 09:19 AM   #3

probably loose drain or connection . Hope its an easy fix ... I usually use a flashlight to peek around after trips and make sure nothing is going south.