Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-22-2019, 01:36 PM   #1

One control slide out fault

I’ve been having a problem with my door side slide ever since I bought it a year ago and no one has been able to fix it. When I bring the slide in with the switch it works fine but when I try to put it back out the switch doesn’t work and on the OneControl panel says fault detected and I can only bring it out with the OneControl panel . I talked to a tech from Lippert and he said to remove the 20 amp resettable fuse that Jayco installs and replace it with a 30 amp regular fuse and it should solve the problem. I did it and it works like a charm. if that is the fix I hope it helps other Jayco owners.

Traded: 2018 RAM 3500 DRW, 4X4, 4.10, 6.4 Hemi, Curt A20 hitch, Tire Minder

2018 North Point 315rlts with most of the options.
JohnWedell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 03:54 PM   #2

Glad it was a simple fix for you. Not too surprised considering the amperage needed to move a large slide. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that slide is the 'through the frame electric drive shaft' with rack and pinion gears at each end for syncing movement. Our kitchen and bedroom have the Slim Rack and Schwintek mechanisms. Fingers crossed...
Thanks for the tip.

2020 North Point 315RLTS
Ram 3500/Aisin CC, SB, SRW, Superglide
Firestone Ride-Rite Air bags, TST507 TPMS
DrSmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 07:14 PM   #3

Thanks for the tip John. We had the same issue, same slide, while on the Atlantic coast in New Brunswick in July. The first time it was while setting up in a rain storm. The covered vent lid with the rain sensor closed automatically about an hour later. So I thought maybe it was a humidity issue. Then the same fault occurred agian in dry weather, still by the ocean, but once we left the coast it didn’t happen again. So knowing what you have offered I’m thinking it was maybe humidity causing swelling in the slide materials that provided enough friction resistance to cause the fault flipping the resettable breaker. In our case after using the one control pad to move it out and then back in, the control panel switch worked fine. I would like to know why the one control panel could move the slide. Did the breaker have time to reset by the time I got the one control panel fired up? After the first time it happened I recalled that when I retracted the slide before leaving the previous campground it didn’t make the clicking sound when fully retracted. So when heading to the next campground after retracting once again and it didn’t make the clicking noise I anticipated the fault and sure enough it happened again. For the record, everything was leveled properly and checked with a level so there should not have been any issues with extra pressure from misalignment. I will replace the fuse and see what happens.
4" Magnaflow, Banks Air Intake
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs
DMRGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 08:24 AM   #4

I thought I was the only one with this problem but apparently not. I’ve got a 2019 Northpoint 377RLBH and the very first time we took it out all the Schwinteks worked fine, but when we went to pull out the dinette slide nothing happened! I’ve battled with the dealer with this issue and even a Jayco gave me the line about the coach being perfectly level or the slides won’t work. Fast forward 5 months. Yesterday when we were leaving the campground my wife said the slide didn’t make the ratchet sound when she closed it up. Sure enough when we got home, they all worked except the dinette slide. I can open an close it with my cell phone, but sometimes there’s a pause when’s it’s operating. You can’t tell me that Jayco doesn’t know about this issue! My question is this. If you swap out a 20 amp fuse for a 30 amp fuse, won’t that be useless unless the 20 amp fuse is actually popping? Or is it a higher wattage breaker switch that you guys are referring to and not an actual fuse?
K Holbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 09:01 AM   #5

From the OP, it sounds like it is a 20 amp auto resetting fuse, so it pops to stop the current, but then resets itself. Same type of breaker used for electric trailer brakes.

20 amps does sound a little low for a slide. The 2 slides in our Greyhawk had 30 amp fuses. The 4 slides in our Bungalow also have 30 amp fuses.

-Michael
michael.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 04:02 PM   #6

My dealer is telling me if the slide works with the One Touch App on my phone but not from the switch on the control panel, then it’s not the fuse breaker but an issue with the switch.
K Holbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 06:23 AM   #7

Fault Detected Update;
I replaced the fuse however after a while the problem came back. I called Lippert and talked to the OneControl people to find out what could cause that problem and they said it was an over current condition. Knowing that I called Lippert back and talked to the slide out division and they said that the problem is in the motor assembly. That clicking sound you hear I thought was the motor stripping gears however it is a clutch inside the motor that engages before it draws too much current. If you don’t hear the clicking sound that means it’s a clutch problem and since it’s built into the motor and cannot be adjusted the motor must be replaced. I told this to my dealer and he’s ordering out a motor. When it’s installed I’ll report back If it worked or not. (this actually makes sense because when I hear the clicking sound when I bring the slide in it doesn’t generate a fault).

Old 11-14-2019, 04:51 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWedell View Post
Fault Detected Update;
I replaced the fuse however after a while the problem came back. I called Lippert and talked to the OneControl people to find out what could cause that problem and they said it was an over current condition. Knowing that I called Lippert back and talked to the slide out division and they said that the problem is in the motor assembly. That clicking sound you hear I thought was the motor stripping gears however it is a clutch inside the motor that engages before it draws too much current. If you don’t hear the clicking sound that means it’s a clutch problem and since it’s built into the motor and cannot be adjusted the motor must be replaced. I told this to my dealer and he’s ordering out a motor. When it’s installed I’ll report back If it worked or not. (this actually makes sense because when I hear the clicking sound when I bring the slide in it doesn’t generate a fault).
John, has the motor been replaced and did it cure the problem? I'm consistently having that same problem.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 05:38 PM   #9

Quote:
Fault Detected Update;
Just to confuse the issue, the kitchen and bedroom slide on ours are the two versions of Schwintek. Neither slide makes the ratcheting sound at the end of travel. We release as soon as the slide stops moving. We did try holding longer to sync the motors but no sounds heard . The through the frame electric on the dinette side does make the ratcheting sound at the end of travel. So far, knock on wood, we haven't had a problem but it is apparent that the kitchen mechanism is working hard. Maybe I'll cover the kitchen slide with cooking oil if I have any left over from pouring it into the holding tanks to keep the trap valves from tightening up

2020 North Point 315RLTS
Old 11-14-2019, 06:27 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
John, has the motor been replaced and did it cure the problem? I'm consistently having that same problem.
the motor was replaced and haven’t had the problem again. Since then the dealer has told me when Trailers come in with that problem they automatically change out the motor, they don’t even bother troubleshooting it anymore. I’m very fortunate to have a fantastic dealer.
Old 11-14-2019, 06:29 PM   #11

Quote;
Maybe I'll cover the kitchen slide with cooking oil if I have any left over from pouring it into the holding tanks to keep the trap valves from tightening up

As per the manufacturer do not lubricate the tracks.

Old 11-14-2019, 09:12 PM   #12

Quote:
Quote;
Maybe I'll cover the kitchen slide with cooking oil if I have any left over from pouring it into the holding tanks to keep the trap valves from tightening up

As per the manufacturer do not lubricate the tracks.

Thanks John. My comment was in jest Pouring oil under, over and down the side walls to make it all slippery and easy for the motors to move LOL I have no intention of oiling any of it as the oil attracts dirt.

2020 North Point 315RLTS
Old 11-15-2019, 05:31 PM   #13

Quote:
I’ve been having a problem with my door side slide ever since I bought it a year ago and no one has been able to fix it. When I bring the slide in with the switch it works fine but when I try to put it back out the switch doesn’t work and on the OneControl panel says fault detected and I can only bring it out with the OneControl panel . I talked to a tech from Lippert and he said to remove the 20 amp resettable fuse that Jayco installs and replace it with a 30 amp regular fuse and it should solve the problem. I did it and it works like a charm. if that is the fix I hope it helps other Jayco owners.
John, there are two 20 resettable fuses, did you replace both of them?
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 11-15-2019, 05:34 PM   #14

Quote:
the motor was replaced and haven’t had the problem again. Since then the dealer has told me when Trailers come in with that problem they automatically change out the motor, they don’t even bother troubleshooting it anymore. I’m very fortunate to have a fantastic dealer.
Did they keep the 30 amp fuse or did they go back to the 20 amp resettable?
Formerly from Sequim, WA