Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-07-2015, 02:57 PM   #21

I have a 2014 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5 BHS.
If your dealer is not confident they can do the job right, call Jayco. My rear inside wall had many bubbles/blisters caused by an unsealed window. My dealer replaced the whole rear wall. They could have pin pricked the blisters, they explained the moisture would cause mold and rot - new wall. It is very hard to blend in a repair to composites.
DJsFolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 08:24 AM   #22

What's the next step. After finally picking up the TT from the dealer for the repair on the front wall. I can only say is that I am very disappointed!!!! Having the TT parked outside and already being dusk when I got there. Didn't get to notice in detail of the repair work. Well after getting it home and inspecting in light I can see the sides of some of the screw heads from where they attached the new panel. On top of that it looks like they used clear silicone to seal the wall with the end transition strip. Looked at the bill and it also reads I tube of silicone. SMH

To make matters worse when I contacted Jayco about doing the repair themselves I was told that they wouldn't be able to get to my unit till June. That's when we already have our trips booked and vacation time submitted at work. Which can't be changed .

So frustrated with the purchase now. Really like the trailer but not the Quality and customer service I was expecting.
Old 02-08-2015, 09:13 AM   #23

Tkhollywood I feel your pain. We had major problems with the front cap on our White Hawk unit. The dealer was afraid to do the work and Jayco refused to take it back. Poor workmanship with poor warranty service. Our solution was to trade the unit. It was not worth the anguish it caused our family. If you were to purchase again take all the time you need to insure that the unit meets your expectations, we didn’t and we paid the price. By the way we are having the time of our retired life in our new unit.
ninjahbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 10:40 AM   #24

I worry about all service departments that do warranty work but what do you do in this case.. I am sorry they messed up your camper and I hope in the end jayco will stand up and do the right thing on the fix ... I think they ought to let that dealer go as a warranty dealer as they pick the dealers they want to do their warranty work they should pick another one. Mine is in for warranty work right now and I sure hope they do better than that ... so many places nowadays seem to have either no good quality experienced workers or no ethics when it comes to someone elses hard earned money being spent on something new and nice... good luck ... at the least I would write a letter demanding a refix on the front to jayco in the fall and keep a copy for your own records with pictures of the shoddy repair included
Paintinfool3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 10:59 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjahbob View Post
Tkhollywood I feel your pain. We had major problems with the front cap on our White Hawk unit. The dealer was afraid to do the work and Jayco refused to take it back. Poor workmanship with poor warranty service. Our solution was to trade the unit. It was not worth the anguish it caused our family. If you were to purchase again take all the time you need to insure that the unit meets your expectations, we didn’t and we paid the price. By the way we are having the time of our retired life in our new unit.
I don't see how trading in a unit and taking a loss would benefit me in any way. I work hard to earn the money I receive and feel that taking a loss wouldn't do me any justice. You work hard to be able to buy things to be able to enjoy time with your family. Why should I sacrifice my earnings to walk away from a faulty product. My biggest regret would have to be purchasing a new unit to better accommodate my family and leave our original brand based on reputation I heard of Jayco.
Old 02-08-2015, 02:26 PM   #26
Site Team

As long as the problems were identified, I would consider postponing the repairs until it was convenient for you. We did that with ours rig that had blow out damage. We used it for 4 months until it was not being used for the repairs to be completed. We had some cracks in our when new and the dealer did not do that type repairs. Jayco and the dealer made arrangements with a local fiberglass shop to do the repairs.

Just a suggestion, as you seem to be happy with the new rig.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 10:36 AM   #27

I would demand they replace the wall.
Jjoyner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 11:28 AM   #28

If I'm following this correctly, Jayco paid the dealer to replace the wall (even shipping a new one) but the dealer opted to repair the wall. I wonder if they returned the unused wall and refunded some of the labor $$ paid by Jayco.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 12:24 PM   #29

After reading this thread, and seeing all the units with composite panel issues, it only reenforces my choice of metal siding. I bet the majority of "fiberglass" panels will have some failure at some point in their life. At least 1/4 of those i see in come in the campgrounds currently have issues. Has to be an adhesive issue even taking water into account. Difficult to adhere two dissimilar materials, metal studs and fiberglass, and have a successful long term panel. Hope your issues get taken care of properly.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 12:41 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags999 View Post
After reading this thread, and seeing all the units with composite panel issues, it only reenforces my choice of metal siding....snip...
I decided on metal on my Jay Flight because I'm cheap. As I recall, the fiberglass was a $1,600 option. I like the looks of the fiberglass, but not $1,600 worth.

Now I'm wondering if some or all of the difference in price is a virtual 'insurance premium' because the repairs for fiberglass are more frequent.
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 03:51 PM   #31

I know there are a lot of folks out there that do not take care of their RVs and I believe that is ONE of the issues with delaminating fiberglass sides...NOT saying that is the problem with anyone on this post . In any event, I ran across the attached video about using Eternabond on the roof seams in addition to using Dicor. I think it's interesting and probably a good solution for EPDM maintenance.
Resealing My RV Roof With Eternabond Tape - Love Your RV!

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 04:24 PM   #32

The dealer ended up replacing the front wall. Only to take it back for the poor quality in workmanship. Dropped it of to be redone for a second time. Picking it up tomorrow and if it is not to my liking a lawyer and a demand if a new unit will be my next solution to the problem.