Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Jayco Tech and Tow > Jayco Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 03-25-2018, 05:12 PM   #1

Organizing TST TPMS System: 14 Sensors, 2 monitors, spare batteries, gaskets, etc.

As I try to get my shop and tools more organized, I decided to tackle organizing the TPMS system for my Class C RV (6 tires), Boat Trailer (4 Tires),
Tow Dolly (2 Tires) and car being towed (2 Tires). This meant tracking and servicing 14 sensors.
My Setup:
-I have one monitor to handle the RV and Boat (10 Sensors total)
-A separate monitor to handle the RV and tow dolly/car (10 Sensors total, but 4 have different settings than the boat)
-I believe the newer color monitor from TST will switch back and forth between two different setups, but 2 years ago having separate monitors was
an easy way to go so I did not have to re-program the monitor to switch from towing the boat to towing the dolly/car.
-I bought a plastic Flambeau box # 5007, and cut out some of the dividers with a Dremel tool
-I found scrap plastic (9mm thick) at TAP Plastic and drilled holes in it to hold each sensor. A label on this “sensor holder” matches the engraving on the sensor
-Additional items in the box: very small Philips screwdriver to dissemble the sensors; toothpicks for removing the sensor gasket; extra batteries;
di-electric grease; monitor charger; sensor wrenches; pressure gauge; extra valve stem cores, tools, caps.
-I created a diagram for each setup and engraved the wheel position on each sensor so I can easily install them on the correct wheel
-A chart helps me to check tire pressure before installing and to remember the TPMS high/low settings for each of the four parts of my setup
-A picture helps me to remember the settings on a VOM to test the batteries
-A picture helps me to remember the trick to rolling off the old sensor seal and rolling on a new one
-A picture reminds me of the tools needed to test/replace all the batteries
This setup works nicely to install, service and store everything needed for the TST TPMS system which I love, as it has alerted me to problems before they become serious.
I welcome any improvements other travelers may suggest.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1388 TPMS Storage Case Top.JPG   IMG_1389  TPMS Storage Case Open.JPG   IMG_1390 TPMS Storage Components.JPG   IMG_1392 TPMS Storage Sensor Holder.JPG   IMG_1395 TPMS Storage Inside Lid.JPG