Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-12-2018, 09:44 PM   #1

Pocket door fell off track

The rear screws (closest to the camper outer wall) pulled out of my pocket door while I was driving. The front screws (on the edge near where the retaining strap is attached) are the only things holding the door from completely falling out of the track. I'm out camping and 1k from home with limited tools, but will find a hardware store if necessary.

Is there a procedures to remove the plastic trim and reattach the screws?

I'm guess removing the trim is the way to start but I'd like your opinion first, please.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0173.jpg   IMG_0174.jpg   IMG_0172.jpg  

John from Central Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 08:15 PM   #2

Without looking at my sliding door, I believe the glider has 4 wheels and runs on both sides of the track so you can’t remove the door as you would if the wheels are only on one side of the track. If it is on one side only you can pull the bottom of the door up at an angle to manipulate the door off of the track, but you might not have enough room to get it at the proper angle. The track is held up by 3 or 4 screws and the valance is just dressing for the track. I would first try to take the track down with the door still hanging by the one glider. You would need help holding and lifting. Just move the door left or right as required to access the screws. To reattach the glider first inspect the front glider to make sure it isn’t ready to let loose as well. I would refill all the screw holes in the top of the door with wood scewers the size of the holes, found at dollar type stores or a splinter from any piece of wood using wood glue. Use a pva wood glue that should dry in an hour then pre drill with a smaller size bit and reinstall the screws and rehang the track with the door still on it. If that doesn’t work disassemble the valance, guessing the screws are behind the large plastic buttons, for better access.
4" Magnaflow, Banks Air Intake
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs
DMRGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 07:50 AM   #3

DM,

Thanks for your input, but I ended up calling a mobile tech as I was boondocking for a week nearly 35 miles from the nearest town. Having only limited tools onboard to tackle this, and afraid the door would completely tear loose, I bit the bullet. The tech reattached and reinforced the door using decent screws and reinforced the bottom support rail. It looks and feels much more solid now.

Old 03-20-2018, 07:11 PM   #4

Just happy you got it done and can enjoy the rest of the trip. Carry on!
4" Magnaflow, Banks Air Intake
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs
DMRGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 07:30 PM   #5

As Chief Dan George said: "I shall endeavor to persevere"