Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-24-2020, 09:46 PM   #1

Power outlets

Jayco 2017 4113 Seismic TH.
I am having issues with power outlets when on inverter. Some of the outlets do not have power to them in the coach. The furnace has no power and fuses have been checked. New batteries installed.
GWTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 10:53 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWTraveler View Post
I am having issues with power outlets when on inverter. Some of the outlets do not have power to them in the coach. The furnace has no power and fuses have been checked. New batteries installed.
We need to know which outlets do not have power. Not just some. Some are GFI protected some are not. Some are on the inverter some are not. Fuses are 12 volts. Power outlets are 120 volts protected by circuit breakers, not fuses. Battery has nothing to do with 120 volt power outlets.

2011 Keystone Sprinter 323 BH
Cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 03:53 AM   #3

All outlets are not hooked up to the inverter, at least not in my Redhawk 22J.
My 22J only has a relative small 1000 watt inverter, which will power the TV. Plus maybe one more plug. I just haven't figured which, if any, other outlets are. Nothing in Jayco literature indicates which other outlets, if any, are powered by the inverter.

In your Seismic, are all outlets supposed to be powered by the inverter?

Quote:

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 07:00 AM   #4

Quote:
Only the residential fridge and possibly the TV will be on the INVERTER. There may be a reset switch on the furnace that you need to flip.
Old 09-25-2020, 08:04 AM   #5

Thanks to all who replied. I just purchased this coach in February and then the pandemic happened. Last owners knew less than I do and most dealers tell me and I repeat, if you didn't buy it here we wont service it no matter how long a waiting list. FYI; right after I purchased the coach, this Feb. I took it to a RV repair place, yes one with excellent reviews and reputation, to have a washer/dryer combo installed and asked them to find out why the tv's were not working at all. They found 32 connections that had not been crimped and so I had them replaced. Then the pandemic hit and we did not take the camper for a first run until this month. I'm used to a 2005 DRV that has had no problem with except the previous owner who did a rewire of a TV in it, so bare with me.
I have tried to get wiring diagram on this coach from Maker of it, to no avail. That's why I am seeking help. There are only 2 GFI's that I have found and the residential fridge should be on a hot outlet but it is not. All the TV's are on the inverter, that I have found. I do not have any idea where the reset is on the furnace, yet. So as I search and try to figure this coach out here we go or until I get an opportunity to take it back to 3RV for more repairs.
I'm used to a 2005 DRV that has had no problem with except the previous owner who did a rewire of a TV in it, so bare with me. Thanks for all the input.
GWTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 08:18 AM   #6

Quote:
There are only 2 GFI's that I have found and the residential fridge should be on a hot outlet but it is not. All the TV's are on the inverter, that I have found. I do not have any idea where the reset is on the furnace, yet.
What do you mean by fridge is not on a hot outlet? It should work on shore power or with inverter on.

Did you use the contact page to ask for the wiring schematics?

https://www.jayco.com/site/contact/service/