Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-27-2018, 03:47 AM   #1

Radio has no receiption

My new 26BH has the built in radio, and it has very poor FM reception.

Works fine and plays on CDs. Occasionally will pick up a FM station but sounds like it's a long ways away.

I removed the radio from the cabinet, and tested it with an external TV/fm combo. This didn't have any effect.

Looking on the roof, the antenna appears to be OK but I don't want to mess with the sealant at the base to remove it if I don't need to.

Any thoughts on how to get some reception so we can enjoy indoor tunes at night?
jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 04:06 AM   #2

Jeff,

My first thought is not to mess with the roof top antenna, especially if you’ve already removed the radio from the cabinet and tested it with another antenna. Methinks there’s something wrong with the radio itself. Can you return it to the place of purchase?

John from Central Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 11:06 AM   #3

The furion radio leaves a lot to be desired. We are in a permanent site and I only get 1 fm station with this trailer. The unit in my last trailer in the same site could pull in tons of stations. Cheap low powered tuner !
o2silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 06:58 AM   #4

Furrion radios are known to have FM reception issues. We had a 2016 32BDSW and traded in this year for a 2018 33RBTS. Parked on the same lots at our campgrounds, our old 2016 got great reception, the 18 nothing. So I ohm'd out the antenna wire and it was fine, called our dealer, they opened a claim with Jayco, within a week a new radio was sitting at the dealer for me. I installed it and it works great.

The radios come out easy, be gentle on the screws. Check the wiring behind first, especially the black coax for the antenna. If you can, ohm out the antenna cable (center stud on cable to outside metal jacket on cable) If all looks good, call your dealer and have them order another radio for you.
33RBTSFAMILY is offline   Reply With Quote