Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-16-2012, 04:06 AM   #1

Recall nightmare, hopefully over

Today, after 6 months of hauling our new Swift back and forth to the dealer,[ we believe it has been 5 different times] for problems with the wheel hubs coming loose, we finally got it in to have the factory recall 'CORRECT' parts installed. This has been such a frustrating issue for dw and myself, but now we are hoping this issue will finally be behind us. We were amazed today to see all 28 service bays full at the dealers, and numerous rv's, including ours, waiting for repair. It seems each time we are there the repair bays are full. Of course all of the rv's being repaired are not Jayco, but it makes me wonder, is quality worse or has it always been this way. Or are there just more rv's out there, so more repairs would be needed. As said before, besides this hub issue we are happy with our purchase and finally hope to feel safe towing our tt. Next trip planned for next week when grandkids are out of school, rain in the forecast so stocking up on indoor crafts.............happy camping!
bayleightucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:47 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayleightucker View Post
snip...... Of course all of the rv's being repaired are not Jayco, but it makes me wonder, is quality worse or has it always been this way. Or are there just more rv's out there, so more repairs would be needed.....snip
First, I also hope that the issue will finally be put to rest.

In respect to your observation, I'm sure there is a wide range of reasons any particular RV would be in for service/repair. Upgrades, scheduled PM, recalls, RV manufacture assembly issues, supplier product issues, poor/lack customer maintenance, improper usage, insurance claim repairs, minor/major warranty service claim, etc..

Quality control, and/or expected level of, IMO within the RV industry seems to be somewhat "dynamic" in nature. What I find a little disappointing at times within the RV industry is the lack of quality control "consistency" from a given manufacture.., whatever the established quality control benchmark is (good/bad/indifferent).

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote