Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-08-2016, 03:58 PM   #1

Replacement brakes for a 1997 Jayco Eagle 262 FK

I found the tag on the axel and the informations says. Dexter p-11 SLR 3500lbs D35. I also see a 13.3 on the taq. What does 13.3 mean? Where is a good place to get replacement brakes online? etrailer?
toddbmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 08:19 AM   #2

not sure if we have the same axles but are campers are the same year and mine is a little bigger. I replaced a set of brake shoes and adjusted all 4 wheels this past spring. Most will try to sell you a "complete" assembly (backing plate, shoes, springs, actuators and drums) anymore. I only wanted new linings since everything else seemed to look fine. I had to do a little searching, but my local NAPA auto parts store was able to find the shoes I needed. If your handy or have had experience with replacing drum brakes, id say just replace the shoes, if not, do the whole assembly. I think you can call Dexter and they can give you the part number that will work with NAPA parts. I still have the box at home, so if I remember, I will get the part number off of it. Chances are they are the same... I think the 13.3 is the drum size? 13 inchs in diameter and maybe 3 inch wide shoes???

'03 Tahoe LT 5.3L
Plowtoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brakes, d35, dexter, eagle, slr