Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-24-2020, 05:04 PM   #41

So I had the dealer send me the claim that went in to Jayco. I kicked off an email to Jayco and their reply was " From the information that was provided to us, it was determined there is no issue with the roof and it is as designed. Mike informed me today that he does not see an issue with the roof either. Please let me know if there is anything more I can help you with"

It looks like they are working for the dealers now? I will be calling Jayco tomorrow. This is my 4th new travel trailer and never had a roof that looks this unprofessional and sloppy.

Stay tuned......
Ramman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 01:40 PM   #42

Final decision from Jayco on my roof yesterday(Oct 1, 2020) It is only cosmetic because no leaks are reported by my dealer. Well....duh! I asked on the phone to appeal it so was called back by lead person. Same rehearsed response. I asked him how he could look at my pictures and say that with a straight face? My 4th new travel trailer and never seen such a mess. Another screwed customer because I hurried the PDI. This is my last trailer ever so will get some tape and redo the roof myself. I will be at the Tampa RV show and talk to anyone who will listen to me. Oh, the denial was made back in July but the RV dealer in Holden Maine failed to notify me. Am I bitter? you bet!
Old 10-02-2020, 01:43 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainVideo View Post
We subscribe to Trailer Life and they regularly run a dispute resolution section. I'd think, with the great pictures you have, they would be interested in helping if Jayco and the dealer keep dragging their feet.
Trailer Life is ceasing publication
Marmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 02:18 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramman View Post
Final decision from Jayco on my roof yesterday(Oct 1, 2020) It is only cosmetic because no leaks are reported by my dealer. Well....duh! I asked on the phone to appeal it so was called back by lead person. Same rehearsed response. I asked him how he could look at my pictures and say that with a straight face? My 4th new travel trailer and never seen such a mess. Another screwed customer because I hurried the PDI. This is my last trailer ever so will get some tape and redo the roof myself. I will be at the Tampa RV show and talk to anyone who will listen to me. Oh, the denial was made back in July but the RV dealer in Holden Maine failed to notify me. Am I bitter? you bet!
I wouldn't do anything until your warranty is up other than putting ETERNA BOND along the seam. You have it documented with JAYCO. If you work on it and then it leaks you will have no recourse for a warranty repair.
Old 10-02-2020, 03:30 PM   #45

I respect your input Grumpy and it makes sense. However I am not waiting for a problem and will plaster the roof with ETERNA BOND as others have done and take my chances. This go around has left a bad taste in my mouth on any warranty obligations. Not worth the paper it is written on as others suggest. I will submit pictures once I land in FL and get to work.
Old 10-02-2020, 03:37 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramman View Post
I respect your input Grumpy and it makes sense. However I am not waiting for a problem and will plaster the roof with ETERNA BOND as others have done and take my chances.
That would not cause problems. What I meant was do not try to remove the bubble. Covering all the DICOR is what I've done on every rig I've owned as have others. If you compromise the integrity of the TPO that would cause problems as your warranty will be useless. It doesn't look good, but it is not leaking. The report your dealer sent in is what has worked against you.