Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-29-2014, 11:09 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDUBYA448 View Post
Might be time to get the eyes checked...I was reading bottle jack as "bottle of jack" and wondering what it would be used for and why it would be in the tool box instead of the liquor cabinet, lol!
I generally have both. Often when using a bottle jack you need to follow that up with a Bottle of Jack.

clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 01:55 AM   #22

Thanks everyone! This is a wonderful list!! I like the idea of having a bigger tool set as well as one in the TT. That's basically what I do at home....keep my own set of tools under the kitchen sink so when I need a wrench or a screwdriver I don't have to go searching for DH's. Why not do the same in the TT?! Thanks again!!

2008 Jayco Jayflight G2 31BHDS
2012 Dodge 3500 Cummins Diesel, Crew Cab/ Short Box
Little Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 08:57 AM   #23

I picked up a big fishing tackle tote last year, has removable covered trays I use for small parts as I accumulate them and have a rough idea where they are. Good price at WalMart so couldn't resist. Each removable tray can be used for different types of parts, electrical (light bulbs, fuses, etc) fastening hardware, Whatever. You don't have to carry the whole tote with you for a particular job, just the appropriate tray.

Bottle jack? That's what the 800 number is for. With arthritis is the wrong places I can't really maneuver a spare from under the RV or deal with lug nuts. Our tires are brand new so what can go wrong? (Tongue in cheek)
dapoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:03 AM   #24

I would also throw in a inexpensive inflater (Slime makes a good one) that works off the TV's electrical system.
2007 Yamaha Grizzly 400 ATV and Yamaha 2000 watt Genny
Me/retired insurance claims and DW/retired RN.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."-Red Green
dougfir1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:13 AM   #25

+1 on the 12V air pump and the tire gauge, and the bottle of Jack!

When I finally get around to getting my 12V air pump, I'll also carry a 12V cigarette lighter adapter with alligator clips to hook it up to the RV deep cycle (I already have one from my boating days). And a nice tire plug set. I know tire plugs are not the accepted method, but in a pinch, they might just get you to the tire shop where a proper repair can be made.

Oh, and I forgot two of the most important items! 1) Credit card 2) Can-do attitude.

2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 12:27 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryetye View Post
I keep a small pancake air compressor under the bunk that will run off my inverter to pump tires and toys for the boys!
We have an air pump that will run off 12V and 110. If the word "pancake" means that it is shaped like a pancake then we don't have that. Ours would be more of a football . .
10K Equalizer; Teshonka P3
Dual 6V Deep Cycle Interstate Batteries
giddyup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 12:38 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubhouse View Post
I generally have both. Often when using a bottle jack you need to follow that up with a Bottle of Jack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDUBYA448 View Post
Might be time to get the eyes checked...I was reading bottle jack as "bottle of jack" and wondering what it would be used for and why it would be in the tool box instead of the liquor cabinet, lol!
LOL - Don't know about bottle jacks, but do recognize that Bottle of Jack! We will need to order a bigger TT and a bigger TV so that I can tote all these tools.

Or I could see how far we get with the AAA card, the AMEX card, and a little help from my (evidently thousands of new) "friends" . . . apologies to the Beatles . . .

Maybe we should just list ALL the suggestions and post them somewhere. It seems a shame to waste any of these ideas and given the wide variety of rigs out there, all suggestions would be useful. What do you think?
Old 07-30-2014, 01:13 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougfir1 View Post
I would also throw in a inexpensive inflater (Slime makes a good one) that works off the TV's electrical system.
That seems like a great idea. Does it work well enough to get you to a service station? If so, that sounds way easier than my trying to change the tire.
Old 07-30-2014, 01:28 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
+1 on the 12V air pump and the tire gauge, and the bottle of Jack!

When I finally get around to getting my 12V air pump, I'll also carry a 12V cigarette lighter adapter with alligator clips to hook it up to the RV deep cycle (I already have one from my boating days). And a nice tire plug set. I know tire plugs are not the accepted method, but in a pinch, they might just get you to the tire shop where a proper repair can be made.

Oh, and I forgot two of the most important items! 1) Credit card 2) Can-do attitude.
Camper Bob -

Regarding the second paragraph above . . . can you re-send it in English?

That part about the cigarette lighter and the alligator is beginning to sound a bit painful . . . . and maybe even disturbing . . . and what on earth is an RV deep cycle?

I think that I (kind of) get the idea with the tire plugs.

Regarding air pumps - I believe that one of the "things" we have in our garage is a 12V pump and it will do tires; inflatable boats; etc - so we should be good to go. Why wouldn't I just want to plug it into the TV?

And about that Bottle of Jack - I'll take two, please.
Old 07-30-2014, 01:47 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by giddyup View Post
Camper Bob -

Regarding the second paragraph above . . . can you re-send it in English?

That part about the cigarette lighter and the alligator is beginning to sound a bit painful . . . . and maybe even disturbing . . . and what on earth is an RV deep cycle?

I think that I (kind of) get the idea with the tire plugs.

Regarding air pumps - I believe that one of the "things" we have in our garage is a 12V pump and it will do tires; inflatable boats; etc - so we should be good to go. Why wouldn't I just want to plug it into the TV?

And about that Bottle of Jack - I'll take two, please.
I'm talking about one of these: http://www.amazon.com/battery-cigare...words=12v+cord The cord on my air pump barely reaches my truck's rear tires when it's plugged into the dash, so I have one of these so I can clip it to the battery on my trailer (or take the battery off and haul it wherever I need) and be able to reach my trailer tires. If I only need to add a couple pounds of pressure, this is a much better solution than taking the tire off or unhooking from the trailer so the cord will reach.

2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote