Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-28-2019, 06:56 AM   #1

Schwintek

Looks like I’ve been bit by the Schwintek bug. Error code “hall sensor not present”. Wiring looks good so down to replacing the motor. The question is which one is motor 1 and motor 2. I’ve removed both and reinstalled. I’m just waiting on the new motor to arrive today. I would rather replace the correct one the first time.
Longhorn1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 06:51 PM   #2

OK. No responses, probably because everyone hates Schwintek. I have replaced wiring harness, motor and swapped all wiring to an adjacent controller. I still get the same error, no hall signal present or short from motor to controller.
Old 05-31-2019, 07:02 PM   #3

Ok, you have a hall effect error on only one motor, correct?

Do only one thing at a time.

1st thing, swap the wiring harnesses, at the controller. Reset the controller and run the slide. Does the code switch sides?

B.

Camping nights: 2019 - Too many to count, 2020 - 3
BeachRetreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 07:07 PM   #4
Site Team

This video:

Left side is #1 and Right side is #2 if I'm watching the video correct.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 07:20 PM   #5

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/s...d.php?p=760076

For future reference, i think it's easier to unplug a harness, run the slide and see which number shows the code for open circuit. The manufacturer can easily swap the harnesses at the controller during assembly as the plugs are the same.

B.

Old 05-31-2019, 07:22 PM   #6

In this order, this is what i have done

1. Swapped wiring harnesses. Error went from motor 1 to motor 2. So that means it’s the same side.
2. Moved all wiring from one controller to an adjacent controller. Same errors.
3. Bought a new motor. Swapped it out on one side, same error. Pulled it and put it in the other side, same error.
4. Bought a new wiring harness. Ran from the controller directly to the motor. Same error. Tried this on both sides with two different controllers.

I have it isolated to one side at this point. I’m starting to wonder if there is a short to the slide frame on that side.

Question, do I need to run out on manual override, reset controller and try and resync?
Old 05-31-2019, 07:37 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn1998 View Post
In this order, this is what i have done

1. Swapped wiring harnesses. Error went from motor 1 to motor 2. So that means it’s the same side.

2. Moved all wiring from one controller to an adjacent controller. Same errors.

3. Bought a new motor. Swapped it out on one side, same error. Pulled it and put it in the other side, same error.

4. Bought a new wiring harness. Ran from the controller directly to the motor. Same error. Tried this on both sides with two different controllers.

I have it isolated to one side at this point. I’m starting to wonder if there is a short to the slide frame on that side.

Question, do I need to run out on manual override, reset controller and try and resync?
My experience is that you need to reset the controller each time you make a change as it will not always reset once the fault is fixed. Especially If you are making changes quickly (within a couple of minutes). I do this by unplugging power at the controller.

Hall effect error codes take some motion before they set. There should be 2 wire harnesses between the controller and motor. One to the bottom of the slide and then one from the bottom to the motor at the top.

So, the side that is good continues to be plugged in when you wire the new motor and new wiring harness to the other side? And your only using the 1 new harness between the controller and motor on the suspect side?

Old 05-31-2019, 07:41 PM   #8

Correct. I agree on pulling the power to reset. Lippert told me to toggle the switch and it will reset the controller, which seems to work. LEDS suit flashing when I do that. On the bad side I am bypassing the floor to motor wiring harness and running straight from the controller to the motor. I am going to button it all up and run it all the way out on manual overide, do a reset and see what happens.
Old 05-31-2019, 08:43 PM   #9

Please report back your findings. As it's a hall effect error code, it's quite possible that since the controller hasn't seen a high load, no motion event ( as occurs when the slide is all the way out or in), it's in a bad state even though you now have good parts. I don't know of a way to simulate this without reassembling it. But if it were me, I would use your new wiring harness direct to the old motor when zeroing it out, then slowly put the suspect pieces back in until it failed.

Old 05-31-2019, 08:59 PM   #10

Ran the slide out on manual. I unplugged the power and let it sit. Plugged it back in and its still giving me the same 8 red flash error. I am at whits end. I’ve done everything Lippert has suggested. Works great in manual override.
Old 06-01-2019, 05:36 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn1998 View Post
Ran the slide out on manual. I unplugged the power and let it sit. Plugged it back in and its still giving me the same 8 red flash error. I am at whits end. I’ve done everything Lippert has suggested. Works great in manual override.
Are you saying the error code returned as soon as you plugged it in?

After plugging it back in, did you try running it back in without the override?

It's gonna be something simple, the frustrating ones always are. When I had problems with code 6 last year, I chased it for 2 evenings before I finally stepped back and trouble shot it again systematically. I immediately found the wiring harness was bad, even though it "tested good" the three times before.