Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-27-2022, 02:59 PM   #1

Schwintek bedroom slide stopped working

2020 Jayco Seneca bedroom slide stopped working
Schwintek slide.

I did the 6 press button reset and the lights start flashing, as soon as I hit the button to extend or retract it just clicks coming from the controller. I have tried a new controller and still the same.
i can hotwire the the motors and move it no problem so i assume the motors are good. Tried a new controller and still the same click.
jafo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 05:41 PM   #2

Have you looked on the Lippert website for copies of the manuals on the Schwintek slide system. There is a lot of great information there. Make sure you are doing the override correctly. It is push the button 6 times and hold the 7th for 5 seconds. If the motors work that should make them go out if you push the extend switch within 60 seconds. The override bypasses the synchronization circuit in the controller and should allow you to extend the slide. Becareful that the two ends stay fairly close together as they travel out. You don't want them to bind.

My suggestion after getting them out to check the wiring from the motors to the controller for no opens or shorts. Also the flashing lights on the controller should give an indication of any fault. That info should be on the face of the controller. Again go to the Lippert website and look for the manuals and technical information. Good luck.
Radar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 02:10 PM   #3

thank you.

I have tried everything a dozen times. gave up and installed 2 forward and revers switches, right and left. put marks for the stops so I don't hurt the tracks or motors, everything works great.
jafo12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
schwintek bedroom slide