Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-09-2021, 01:06 PM   #1

Schwintek/LCI in wall slide twisting

My bedroom slide did something unusual this weekend. When we were getting ready to leave camp, the bedroom slide acted up. The front side would retract but the back side stayed stationary. Then when I extended the slide the opposite happened. The back side came in as the front went out. I tried manually overriding the system, unplugging and pushing the slide in. Nothing worked. Finally just closed up what we could and left the trailer. After getting home and researching I found that you can switch the direction of the motors at the control box. Hope this helps anyone else who has this problem. Returned to the campsite the next day and fixed the problem. Still don't know why the motor changed direction on its own though.
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot_20210909-135807.jpg  
Snbmcdow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 03:21 PM   #2

Is this a slide within a slide? I am confused.
Old 09-09-2021, 04:35 PM   #3

Nope just the standard bedroom slide. There seems to be 2 names used for it. The mechanism is usually referred to as schwintek however in my research it was referred to as LCI in wall slide.
Old 09-09-2021, 04:58 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snbmcdow View Post
Nope just the standard bedroom slide. There seems to be 2 names used for it. The mechanism is usually referred to as schwintek however in my research it was referred to as LCI in wall slide.

The front side would retract but the back side stayed stationary. Then when I extended the slide the opposite happened. The back side came in as the front went out.

Sorry , I am still confused. If it is a single slide, if the front moves, the back should as well. I am very interested as well, as our '21 36 FBTS Pinnacle has the same slide in the bedroom. I guess I am not understanding as we have a single slide. It moves as one, just confused about the front and back bit.
Old 09-09-2021, 05:41 PM   #5

Our Kitchen Schwintech slide sounds like it's got the same issue. One side hangs when going out, and the other side hangs when going in. I can push it to keep it going, and the slow side always catches up at the end when we hold the button for a while.
Old 09-09-2021, 08:54 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
The front side would retract but the back side stayed stationary. Then when I extended the slide the opposite happened. The back side came in as the front went out.

Sorry , I am still confused. If it is a single slide, if the front moves, the back should as well. I am very interested as well, as our '21 36 FBTS Pinnacle has the same slide in the bedroom. I guess I am not understanding as we have a single slide. It moves as one, just confused about the front and back bit.
The schwintek slides have 2 electric motors, 1 on each side of the slide. For some reason each motor was moving the slide in opposite directions instead of working together. I've operated that slide 9 times opening and closing without issue until this trip.
Old 09-10-2021, 03:12 AM   #7

Quote:
The schwintek slides have 2 electric motors, 1 on each side of the slide. For some reason each motor was moving the slide in opposite directions instead of working together. I've operated that slide 9 times opening and closing without issue until this trip.

Thank You, forgive my ignorance. I finally get it. That is the only one of our 3 slides where the controller is in plain sight in the basement storage. I will go read your original post again. Definitely a lesson here. Thanks
Old 04-17-2023, 05:35 PM   #8

Quote:
My bedroom slide did something unusual this weekend. When we were getting ready to leave camp, the bedroom slide acted up. The front side would retract but the back side stayed stationary. Then when I extended the slide the opposite happened. The back side came in as the front went out. I tried manually overriding the system, unplugging and pushing the slide in. Nothing worked. Finally just closed up what we could and left the trailer. After getting home and researching I found that you can switch the direction of the motors at the control box. Hope this helps anyone else who has this problem. Returned to the campsite the next day and fixed the problem. Still don't know why the motor changed direction on its own though.
Thanks for posting this!!! I just had this happen to us this morning when getting ready to leave our site. When I pressed "retract" the front of the slide would travel about 2" and stop like it was jammed. However, the rear part of the slide would continue to go in till it "amped out". Then when I pressed the "extend" the front would also only travel about 2" and stop, causing the rear to amp out again.

After spending nearly 30 min working on figuring out the problem, I then realized the front and rear were going in different directions. So the only way I could get the slide in was to disconnect the plug for each motor, while pressing the direction I needed one of them to go to get it in.

What helps is to press the button on the controller 6 times then hold it on the the 7th, until both red and green lights start blinking. This will put the motors in "manual override" mode. This allows the motors to run without amping out every 2-3 seconds. CAUTION!!!! This mode does not protect you from the slide from damaged by coming in crooked!!!! If your going to use this mode, only bring in the slide a little at a time, to ensure it's not coming in crooked.

Final Conclusion:
The front motor came in when I pressed "extend"... Therefore, unplugging the rear motor while doing this allowed the front motor to bring the slide in several inches.

Then...

The rear motor came in when I pressed "retract". Therefore, unplugging the front motor allowed the rest to come in. This took me about 5-10 min to work the whole slide in, a little at a time, till it was tight.

Hopefully this also helps anyone out that might have the same problem

NoFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 09:51 PM   #9

Interested to know if any of the twisting/motor direction issues occurred when using the Jaycommand touch screen or the slide buttons below the touch screen. This past weekend we had our dinette slide on our 335T talon twist while retracting when using the button. Extended it back out and retracted using the touch screen and all was OK. Will be keeping an eye on this and checking wiring, etc. Thanks

2019 RAM 2500HD 6.7 Cummins
2021 Jayco Talon 335T
HecBec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 10:23 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by HecBec View Post
Interested to know if any of the twisting/motor direction issues occurred when using the Jaycommand touch screen or the slide buttons below the touch screen. This past weekend we had our dinette slide on our 335T talon twist while retracting when using the button. Extended it back out and retracted using the touch screen and all was OK. Will be keeping an eye on this and checking wiring, etc. Thanks

Hi HeBec,

Yes, I've had kinda the same while using the app to bring in the slide. However I don't believe it's really related on what you used to make it work. I found i had a wire thread was pinched when I extended it out. When I tried bringing it in, the left motor stopped, as soon as the pressure was released. I eventually took the motor out, taped up the wires going to the motor and then I repositioned where the wires rested while the slide was being opened/closed. This prevented it from being pinched, and never had a problem since. Hopefully this helps you all look at the possibilities of yours doing the same
NoFly is offline   Reply With Quote