Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-09-2013, 07:13 PM   #1

Schwintek slide out problem

Three weeks ago I purchased a new Eagle 361 REQS had it out once and now preparing for my second trip. When attempting to put out the kitchen slide it failed to operate. This is the new type slide the Lippert Schwintek system. When pushing the out button it will make that high pitched noise go out about 2 inches and stop. It appears that the left side starts to go out and the right does not. Has anyone experienced this problem? Also any experience in the override for this type of slide?
Gilstandifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:19 PM   #2

I have the same camper as you and my slides have been in and out about 10 times. The one big thing on these slides is to run them clear in and out don't stop in between. This has worked for me. Hope they still don't have a problem with them. This was the first question that I asked and most everyone had a good feed back.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:54 PM   #3

We have the Schwintek Slide System on our Bedroom Slide and Kitchen / Entertainment Center Slide.

The Bedroom Slide has worked great with no issues.

The large Kitchen / Entertainment Center Slide has given us some trouble.
Sometimes it would stall and sometimes it would get at a angle and jam.
I lubed the slide rails with dry lube, used some lithium grease on the slide rollers and replaced the power connectors on the slide controllers.
The Power Connectors on the controllers did not fit tight, so I replaced them with better connectors to get a better connection as the large slide needs full power to operate correctly.
Since all my TLC with the large Schwintek Slide, we have had no problems and have moved and setup about 5 times.
Again I make sure the 5er is level and plugged up to shore power before operating the slides.

Robert
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:25 AM   #4

Schwintek slide out problem

We have had problems with ours too. After several months of being in the shop to replace each piece several times, the company sent out a whole new system and had them install it. There is some good video on the Internet from the Co.Ours works fine now.
Happily married and father of
two university students.
Cancer survivor
Murphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:14 AM   #5

The Schwintek system is still fairly new and many dealers do not know how to service or repair them.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:12 PM   #6

Here's some websites that may help you out here.
http://www.lippertcomponents.com/ind...d=34&Itemid=87

http://www.rvtechlibrary.com/exterior/breezeslide.pdf

Happy trails,
billb800si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:50 AM   #7

Schwintek slideout problem continues

First, I want to thank those who initially responded, your Information was helpful and the Schwintec slideout operating system is understood. Now that I understand them, I don't think I would buy a trailer with them. As indicated in my earlier post I have a new (Brand New) Eagle 361REQS and when getting ready for our 2nd trip the kitchen slide will not extend. It will only go out about two inches and stop. There is a way to manually disengage the motors but the slide has to be out at least 12" to do this. There is also a manual override and a motor disengagement by pulling the power to the slide control module. My problem is I can't find the control module for the slideout!! I have checked everywhere possible. The dealer who is 3 hours away, said that I would have to bring it to them because they did not know. Oh, and they are backed up 1 month on repair appointments. I made three attempts to contact Jayco Tec. support and was put on hold forever, disconnected on the second attempt and on the third they said that they would call me back, still waiting. All I want to do is salvage my trip ( was leaving tomorrow) by manually putting the slide out which I know can be done.

Sorry about the rant, but can anyone tell me where the Schwintek Dual Motor Slide Controller is on the Jayco 361 REQS? Also, if you plan on buying anything with this system I highly recommend that you have the dealer show you how this system operates then physically show you how to manually override the system. I think that you will find that this system is so new that most will not know as in my case with my dealer.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:13 AM   #8
Site Team

They are new but not that new. Sorry you are having problems. I have one in my rig and the control unit is in the storage compartment directly underneath it. I have never had a problem with it in 2 years, but have read up on how to disable it in case of a problem.

They started putting them in Jayco's in 2010 I think.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:46 AM   #9

I don't have the same model trailer as you do, but my slide controller is found in the compartment where my propane tanks are along with the control switch for raising/lowering the front landing gear on my 5W.

Hope this helps and that you get your issue resolved!!

'06 2500 Silverado 4X4, Duramax LBZ Diesel, Firestone air bags
'08 Tracker Pro Guide V-16 Boat
'12 Pinnacle 31RLTS
taviking22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:52 AM   #10

I hate that you are having trouble with the Schwintek system. I've had issues with it as well. We have a Greyhawk motorhome. Our controllers are mounted in the compartment under the bed. Not the same unit as yours obviously but hope you get it resolved soon.

Kettrell
Old 04-11-2013, 04:18 PM   #11

Another not the same trailer as yours, but both our slide controllers are mounted on the front wall of our main storage compartment right under the bedroom slide.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:05 PM   #12

Update: on my first attempt today I was able to get in contact with a Jayco Tec. and I must say that my faith in Jayco has been restored. 1st I want to thank Billb800si for the links he posted relating to the Schwintec control system they were extremely helpfully and anyone with the Schwintec slid outs should make a copy. 2nd. the Jayco Tec. that I eventually got in contact with was very knowledgeable on the system and the location of the slide controls, by the way they are in the non door side garage bay on the ceiling. They are only about 4"X5" and very easy to miss. As turns out I have a bad slide control board. What the tec. had me do is plug the the kitchen slide motor connectors in the bedroom slide control board (they are right next to each other) pushed the bedroom slide button and the kitchen went out. so if this ever happens to anyone on the road just remember you can use one slide controller to work both if necessary. The manuals that are in Billb800si post also show to do a manual override and well as disengaging the motors so you can physically pull the slide out. A new control board is being shipped to me and my trip this weekend has been salvaged.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:49 AM   #13

Glad to hear your on your way. I know they have upgraded both the motors and the controller since 2010. It nice to know that the controller is programmed to stop the slide if it comes up against something. Kind of like a garage door opener.
Happily married and father of
two university students.
Cancer survivor
Murphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:05 AM   #14
Site Team

Glad you found it. Sounds like many were telling you where it was but you were looking for something bigger?
Gator roll-up bed cover
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
Old 04-12-2013, 07:35 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilstandifer View Post
Update: on my first attempt today I was able to get in contact with a Jayco Tec. and I must say that my faith in Jayco has been restored. 1st I want to thank Billb800si for the links he posted relating to the Schwintec control system they were extremely helpfully and anyone with the Schwintec slid outs should make a copy. 2nd. the Jayco Tec. that I eventually got in contact with was very knowledgeable on the system and the location of the slide controls, by the way they are in the non door side garage bay on the ceiling. They are only about 4"X5" and very easy to miss. As turns out I have a bad slide control board. What the tec. had me do is plug the the kitchen slide motor connectors in the bedroom slide control board (they are right next to each other) pushed the bedroom slide button and the kitchen went out. so if this ever happens to anyone on the road just remember you can use one slide controller to work both if necessary. The manuals that are in Billb800si post also show to do a manual override and well as disengaging the motors so you can physically pull the slide out. A new control board is being shipped to me and my trip this weekend has been salvaged.
=================

We're all in this together to help out.
Hope you had a wonderful trip. Enjoy your Jayco. We have the past 7 years....
Happy trails,
billb800si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:48 AM   #16

Thanks for all the info, now we know why our bed was loose after the first time the Schwintec was repaired at Richardson's RV in Riverside, they were disconnecting the controller. The slide actually worked one time, when picking up after repairs, and subsequently failed again when camping. It's now at Ardell Brown's RV in Draper, UT and we need to get back on the road. Still under warranty but what a disappointing situation spending another vacation waiting for parts. Never another Schwintec for us.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:21 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trippers View Post
Thanks for all the info, now we know why our bed was loose after the first time the Schwintec was repaired at Richardson's RV in Riverside, they were disconnecting the controller. The slide actually worked one time, when picking up after repairs, and subsequently failed again when camping. It's now at Ardell Brown's RV in Draper, UT and we need to get back on the road. Still under warranty but what a disappointing situation spending another vacation waiting for parts. Never another Schwintec for us.
Contacted Jayco and a Tech called back. He has given me confidence that the slide will be repaired, and in time to give space for the wife & dogs so I can relax & finally enjoy some vacation time. He also recommended downloading the manual that someone above attached for reference. And I will NEVER again purchase any RV where the slide can't be manually extended & retracted, and demonstrated by a salesperson or seller!
Old 08-22-2013, 04:01 PM   #18

Today, still under warranty, having our 3rd slide-out failure. Only good is that it failed going out. Been repaired by Richardsons RV in Riverside, CA and second time by Ardel Brown in Draper, UT. Where next? Any suggestions appreciated.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:49 AM   #19

Noticed yesterday while unloading stuff so we can take in for slide repair that I can slide most of my hand inside the bottom of the slide and see daylight coming through. Will install braces before moving it. Anyone know whether Jayco has stopped using Schwintec slide mechanism? So far three vacations shortened due to the slide not working. But still under warranty, a consolation of sorts.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:37 PM   #20
Site Team

We have one on our BR slide and have had absolutely no problems. BTW I noticed that the newer rigs have them on the rear slides too.
Gator roll-up bed cover