Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-25-2014, 08:46 PM   #1

Angry Schwintek slide systems

We are headed for a second failure of our slide system. The Schwintek system installed on our Pinnacle failed within six months after recieving the unit. Both motors were replaced at that time. The slide is acting the same way ( struggling to pull one side in). After some discussion, Lipert suggests Jayco may have used a 300 to 1 motor/rack assembly rather than a 500 to 1. Anyone else heard of this? Mechanism is on the kitchen/entertainment, i.e. heavy, slide. Rather frustrating as we are fulltimers and cannot have unit out of service for months at a time!
Retiredwinstons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 08:11 PM   #2

Have not heard of the gear ratios, but had one motor go due to wire pulling out and had to resynch one. My dealer told me he "turned it up" on my outdoor kitchen slide which is my heavy slide.

I can't see a visual difference between my slide mounted aluminum tracks, but there is also a gear the motor engages which is what they may be referring to. Hopefully an easy replacement like the motors.

Good luck.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 08:40 PM   #3

On my last rv they had a slide problem with the full wall slide also and lipert replace the motor with a stronger 500 to 1 and seemed to work better for heavy large slide .
mikebrls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 08:41 PM   #4

Yes Im not sure if you have 1 motor, 2 motors, or 4 motors. Didnt really research your particular unit. But if you have more than 1 motor, then they must be in sync for sure. Lippert has decent customer support. They can likely go thru it over the phone. (Unless the actual motors "well gearbox actually" is different). Then you will likely need a tech to do that. Especially if you have 4 motors and the one on top is bad. YIKES-let a tech do that one.
TIM
qwed94 is offline   Reply With Quote