Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-04-2014, 03:04 PM   #11

I can't believe that I've owned 3 previous Jayco RVs in 15 years and never registered for this forum until today. Anyway, my new 2015 White Hawk 24RKS is the second Jayco with a corner glass enclosed shower and the second that has the same problems with leakage as already been discussed.

I had to seal pretty much everything already mentioned inside the shower on my 2008 Eagle. I was hoping that Jayco (and every other manufacturer) had finally learned where all the showers leak and done something to fix it. I found this discussion searching for info on the problem.

Fortunately, we checked everything out by camping overnight in the driveway before taking it on a week long trip. The shower is the only problem, as I inspected the trailer and had the dealer fix any small problems before we took delivery. The water leaked onto the outside surface of the pan and underneath and into the bedroom. I watched during a spray test through the access panel opening and the water just seemed to pour out.

Unless I missed it in the discussions, another place to seal is at the ends of the channel below the door, as water runs to the end and then down into the glass panel channels. I'm going to try to not seal between the wall panels and the pan, as I don't see how water could get out through there, but who knows. I'll have to test it after all other places are sealed and cured.

RVer-Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 11:16 PM   #12

These shower leaks aren't just a JAYCO thing.
I had a glass enclosed shower in my last new trailer (Salem Park Model). Darn shower glass leaked in there too. I was always chasing it with my trusty silicone. A lot of these trailer manufacturers use the same parts suppliers.

-2004 Nissan Titan w/Equal-i-zer hitch
-2014 Jayco White Hawk 24 RBS
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 01:57 PM   #13

I'm going in stages. I just finished the 3rd stage. The 2nd stage stopped the biggest leak, but it still leaks on both sides at the back of the top of the pan. Water collects on the outside pan ledge at the wall. I just sealed around the screws and sealed at the intersection of the various metal frames. I had to seal at the metal frame joint between the door frame and the side frames on the Eagle. The only thing that I haven't sealed now is the intersection between the pan and the ABS panels and that shouldn't need sealed, but I did on the Eagle. This is exactly the same shower design as the Eagle, so obviously Jayco hasn't learned anything in the last 7 years.

I do know that most, if not all, manufacturers are no different, as there are plenty of complaints on other forums. I guess they figure that people will spend the time themselves instead of taking in for warranty service. They know that people won't trust the dealer to fix this because it is time consuming and most would rather just go buy 2 or 3 tubes of silicone sealant.
RVer-Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 02:32 AM   #14

I have a jay flight 33bhts that has the same leak. We don't have a truck to haul it to the dealer and fulltiming makes it hard as well. Guess I should get some clear caulking.
mjcromp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 09:34 AM   #15

Shower Leaks

My shower leaks too. It appears to be leaking at the lower corner of the glass. I noticed water on the bathroom floor at the bedroom door. I think I'll have the DW get in the shower and spray everywhere and look for leaks. The dealer is a 2hr drive away so I'll try the DIY silicone sealing first.

Sounds like this has been a problem for awhile - you'd think Jayco would figure it out??
KYCAMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 10:29 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYCAMPER View Post
My shower leaks too. It appears to be leaking at the lower corner of the glass. I noticed water on the bathroom floor at the bedroom door. I think I'll have the DW get in the shower and spray everywhere and look for leaks. The dealer is a 2hr drive away so I'll try the DIY silicone sealing first.

Sounds like this has been a problem for awhile - you'd think Jayco would figure it out??
Remember that the source of the leak can be a couple of feet away from where the water is seen. For instance, the ends of the trough under the door are not sealed and water can seep in there, run the entire length of the side frame and appear at the end of the shower at the wall. Also, take off the access door and look for leaks under the shower. That is where my biggest leak was.