Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-20-2012, 02:07 PM   #1

Shower leaking in 32TSBH

Spent my second time camping in my 32TSBH and noticed a couple of issues with the shower. The first thing I noticed was water running out from under the bathroom door. I looked to find the cause and really could not. One thing i did notice was a lack of caulking around the bottom of the shower enclosure where it meets the tub. I seem to remember reading somewhere here, that Jayco states that caulking there is not needed. Is that true? Second thing I did was pull the access panel inside the bathroom. I noticed a small amount of water about 1/3 the length of the tub, near the rear. I also noticed the shower curtain doesn't exactly fit real well at the back of the shower. I had also remembered reading here something about a line of caulk to prevent the water from going over the 2 outside corners. I tried that, but it really did not help. So, should I caulk around the bottom edge of the enclosure and the tub? Also, I am thinking of taking some velcro and attaching the rear of the shower curtain to the enclosure. Then maybe some weather stripping and following the edge of the enclosure and the tub from the two back corners, all the way around the front. These are just ideas, I am open to all advice and suggestions. TIA
No TV since Tundra can't do it

krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote