Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-20-2018, 01:48 PM   #1

Shower Problem

2015 Jayco 195 RB. The unit has been nearly flawless since new. This week I am having an issue getting enough water out of the shower head.

Turn on the hot and cold faucets and adjust the temp. Then pull up the knob to switch to the shower and some water comes out of the shower head, but the majority comes out of the tub spigot. In the end I had to use twice the amount of water to get rinsed, which ain't so good when boondocking. Never had the problem before.

The fresh tank is full. No other faucets in use. The shower head "knob" is adjusted for full flow. The flow volume out of the tub faucet as well as the kitchen faucet seem normal. The battery is full.

Any suggestions??
gypsmjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 02:26 PM   #2

Sounds like the problem is valve in the tub spigot is bad or has something blocking its movement. The only thing that valve in the tub spigot does is block water from going out into the tub so the water goes up to the shower instead... at least that's true for 'sticks and bricks' tub/shower faucets.

I don't know how you get the tub spigot off to inspect, clean, or replace it. Hopefully someone here knows.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 02:37 PM   #3

On a bricks & sticks house, the tub spigot usually is threaded on. there may or may not be a small set screw on the underside to keep it from loosening. Sounds like the shower diverter is not fully seating.

Charlie & Lizzie the Mini Dachshunds
2008 Jayco Eagle Super Lite 30.5 RLS
2015 F350 Lariet Crew Cab Long Bed 6.7 Diesel B&W Companion Hitch
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not.
Witt74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 02:49 PM   #4

It sounded like a simple fix, but it wasn't. I tried turning the knob to tighten it, but it turns freely. I looked from underneath and don't see a set screw. I tried pushing up on the "baffle" but manual manipulation doesn't get it to go up any further and the water diversion doesn't change.

I need to stress that something must have changed, because I got more water before.
Old 09-26-2018, 07:47 AM   #5

On a stick house that rubber diverter grommet/washer deteriorates and then will start to leak which allows water past and as such less water to shower head. Sometimes the diverter pull pin can be unscrewed allowing the inside portion to be removed and inspected. Whether you replace the whole diverter or fix the pull pin seal that's the issue.
rbreding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 01:33 PM   #6

Here's an update...

Using a mirror I inspected the faucet in the RV as well as my house. Both look quite similar. The RV diverter washer "looks" OK, but I can see it doesn't seal tightly against the opening.

It doesn't stay up either. I can wiggle the stem to make it shut off more water, but as soon as i let go it falls back down and no shower at all.

Any of this make sense?

What would be a good replacement unit? I'm sure the Jayco OEM is pretty cheap - I''d be happy to go up a little in quality.
Old 09-30-2018, 06:19 PM   #7

I took a picture of the back of the shower valve systems. Looks like it might thread on.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20180930_153721359.jpg  
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 06:27 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerR View Post
I took a picture of the back of the shower valve systems. Looks like it might thread on.
Thanks for your time. I looked at mine as well, and I'm sure a replacement would be a piece of cake. I'm looking for a fix for the one I have, or a replacement unit that was better.
Old 09-30-2018, 06:44 PM   #9

Looks like you may need something like this. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Peerless-...hrome/21009182
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 06:54 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCNashville View Post
Looks like you may need something like this. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Peerless-...hrome/21009182
The cheepie OEM faucet is one piece. The spout is not replaceable.