Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-06-2019, 01:19 PM   #1

Slideout motor on one side stops after a few seconds

So our main slide on the 2016 Seismic Wave is having an issue extending out. The left side runs fine. The right side (when inside the 5th wheel looking at the unit) starts and then stops, while the left side will continue to go if you keep the button down. If you push on the right side, you can kind of get it to keep moving.

The 5th wheel is leveled, so it's not like I'm trying to extend the slideout with the 5th wheel on a high. I do not hear any funny grinding noises to think it's off track. I've tried lubing EVERYTHING. Matter of fact, I lubed the entire track and under support before winterizing the unit. Nothing is frozen, it's 50 degrees out.

Retracting is no problem for either motor so it's just when trying to extend.

Any suggestions on things to look at or troubleshooting? I've never had a problem with any electric slides on what we've owned.
Beach Cart XL
GlampinLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 02:07 PM   #2

Well, I used magic spray or something cause now it's working lol

I was able to fully extend the slideout by just hitting the button for 1-2 seconds which would engage both sides motors. If I left the button in, the right side motor would kickoff after a few seconds.

After 2 tries of that, I finally got the slideout to extend 100% on both sides. Then I sprayed the tracks, up into the track where the motor is, cut away some rubber on that bottom side track that was stopped - surprised if that was causing the motor to cut out, would think those motors are more powerful. I also sprayed all the seals again.

After running the slideout in and out twice by just hitting the out button a couple seconds at a time, the 3rd and 4th try worked with holding the button in the entire time like normal.

What I don't get is the motor never stopped all the times I brought the slideout in. It only did it when trying to move the slideout out.
Beach Cart XL
Old 01-15-2019, 08:46 PM   #3

My unit does the same thing. One side seems to retract slower than the other side. So it's also squeaking. So do you think will help with it going in and out easier. Camping world wants to remove the entire slide out cause they say it's the floor.
Safari55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 08:59 PM   #4

Did they say what they think is wrong with the floor? I'd think if it was dragging, you'd see marks on the bottom side of the floor, which you could see looking up under the slideout from outside.

My left side, the one that never has a problem, now clicks as it goes out. I need to stand over next to it to inspect as the slide goes in and out to see if it's the weather strip that's flapping on something or if it's the gear on the track that's making the noise.

We just got 8-10" of snow last weekend so I need to get up on a ladder tomorrow and push the snow off the slideout, then I can do some more testing.
Beach Cart XL