Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-10-2019, 04:16 PM   #1

SolidStep

On our last outing a huge rock took out our stock steps. I'm considering up grading to the Lippert SolidStep.

My wife has some joint issues and the bouncy stock steps make
entering and exiting the trailer a bit tough. I like the idea of having a more stable set of stairs.

Curious if anyone has used the SolidStep and if there are any issues.

TIA,
Steve
GarlicDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 04:24 PM   #2

I think most of us that have upgraded have gone with the MorRyde step above which is similar to the lippert steps. Everyone seems to love the stability they offer. The only downside by some is the required space needed to deploy them. If you store your rig in a storage facility that has another trailer close to yours, you may not be able to open them to get inside

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 06:26 PM   #3

I looked at the MorRyde, but I need a double step and MorRyde starts at 3 steps. I store on my property so that isn't an issue for me.

Thanks for your input.
GarlicDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 07:37 PM   #4

I think Torklift has a 2 step. I went from a 3 step to a 4 which made the Bride very happy. The Torklift is also very stable.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 04:35 AM   #5

Upgraded to morryde step above and love them.
Old 04-12-2019, 01:38 AM   #6

Question to anyone who has either the Mor-Ryde, Lippert, or other solid step model, if, when you are breaking camp, and it's raining and the steps are wet when the steps are closed, does that water on the steps drain inside the camper?

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 02:06 PM   #7

Put a 2 step on our X23B at the end of last season. I think this is where we got ours. https://www.rvautoparts.com/STP54-01...AaAkHOEALw_wcB Some people complain if the steps are dirty then it gets dumped into the camper. We always have a rug right inside the door, so if any thing is on the steps when you fold them up it falls on the rug.

David & Sandy Hinkle
2014 X23B
2007 Honda Ridgeline Traded
2016 F150 Max Tow, Tow mirrors
dhinkle57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 05:27 AM   #8

I replaced my original 3 step "diving board" step with https://www.torklift.com/atv-marine-...tep-revolution

It never comes inside to drip and is rock solid regardless of the terrain. Love it.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 10:09 PM   #9

The MorRyde came install on our 5th wheel but we haven't taken it out yet, the wife and I love it as do have a rug in the door way so I don't see it being a problem no more than the old style steps.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 04:55 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlee View Post
Question to anyone who has either the Mor-Ryde, Lippert, or other solid step model, if, when you are breaking camp, and it's raining and the steps are wet when the steps are closed, does that water on the steps drain inside the camper?
There is some water that will drip off the steps, but it's not bad. IMHO you get a lot more dirt inside than you do water.

As a "solution" DW found what I think is called a boot tray at Bed Bath & Beyond that we place at the door when raising the steps, then once the steps are up I reach under and pull the tray into the door opening - it fits perfectly between the jambs. It catches a TON of dirt, and if it's wet, any water that drips. The only thing you have to remember to do is push is back out of the door opening before deploying the steps or you'll crack it - don't ask me how I know
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 08:12 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelly View Post
There is some water that will drip off the steps, but it's not bad. IMHO you get a lot more dirt inside than you do water.

As a "solution" DW found what I think is called a boot tray at Bed Bath & Beyond that we place at the door when raising the steps, then once the steps are up I reach under and pull the tray into the door opening - it fits perfectly between the jambs. It catches a TON of dirt, and if it's wet, any water that drips. The only thing you have to remember to do is push is back out of the door opening before deploying the steps or you'll crack it - don't ask me how I know

This is a good ideal, do you have a pics by any chance of the boot tray?
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 09:21 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelly View Post

Thanks! I was wondering if this was a real problem or just some perceived issue. I don't live in WA state anymore, so it rarely seemed like it would be an issue.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 04:21 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
Not handy unfortunately, but I’ll try to remember to get one next time I’m in the rig.
Old 04-14-2019, 04:37 PM   #14

We have the Morryde steps. Just returned from a trip and it was raining pretty hard when we broke camp. We just used a towel to dry off the steps before raising them into the fifth wheel. We have a small rug at the entrance. We shake it out once camp is set up. Love the steps. I like the idea of the boot tray. We will be getting one soon!

Fyrehuntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 05:00 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
Here you go... And no, it doesn't cost $29.99, that was something in the background. I don't remember the actual cost, but they aren't expensive.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1041.jpg  
Old 04-24-2019, 05:28 PM   #16

I have a stock 2 step unit. I put in one of those stabilizers that attach to the underside of the lower step. When at camp, I fold down the stabilizer and adjust it till it touches the ground. Makes the steps rock solid.
bobm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 08:37 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall 28.5 View Post
Upgraded to morryde step above and love them.
Best thing we did for our TT.
Chet & Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 10:15 AM   #18

We went to a RV Show and with a reconstructed ankle, replaced knee, spinal stenosis, scoliosis stepping in and out of travel trailers was almost a torture. After looking at the Morride steps and adding the handrail to them it will solve that problem for me.
Good post!
RetiredLEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 10:26 AM   #19

We plan on adding the Solid Steps to our next TT. It will have two doors so that will eliminate tight situations where the steps would stick out too far. Leave them in and just use the other door that will have the regular fold out steps.
I could see where they could be an issue in a 5th wheel since 99% of 5th wheels only have one door.
Don't really get the dirt/water thing. It would take very little effort to remedy those conditions. Considering that RV'ers stay in their sites for days or weeks and go up and down the steps all day long, it would seem like a huge trade off to me.
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 08:13 PM   #20

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2985.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	356.8 KB
ID:	51204Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2986.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	51205
Cheap and easy addition to stabilized the step. Adjustable with different holes and bolt on the part that make contact with the ground.
mod: Dimming awning
Dimming Floor light
Shocks
Custom bike/kayak rack
SOMBATFAMILY is offline   Reply With Quote