Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-22-2012, 09:24 AM   #1

Toilet filling up with clean water

In my 351 RLTS, the porcelin toilet has started periodically filling with clean water. I suspect it is due to having a defective water regulator which allowed too much water pressure (It has been on well water with uneven water pressure, oftentimes 50 psi). Does anyone have any idea what I need to do? Thanks
Lthorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:01 AM   #2

Even with too much pressure, the toilet valve should completely shut off. I would be looking at the flush valve of the toilet.
Added Bedroom light switch and outlet https://www.jaycoowners.com/showthread.php?t=7582
dlfeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:13 AM   #3

we have a similar problem with our 28bhs. On occasion when you depress the foot flush, it will continue to fill, even though the "dump" valve has shut. It caught my daughter by suprise, and when she told us what was going on, it just started to overflow. we were at Disney at the time, and I thought it was perhaps the water pressure was too great. I have tried it many times now with the pressure regulater on, off and in all different situations. Campers not a year old yet, and I'm gonna hate to waste a weekend taking it to the dealer vs the campground.
ACA6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:47 PM   #4

I have had three problems with my original toilet. It is a Thetford Aqua MagicŪ Style II. The seal at the bottom of the bowl failed and wouldn't hold water. The incoming water valve failed and started leaking water on the floor and finally last week the foot flush level fell off. I am getting the unit replaced by Jayco with the Aqua MagicŪ Style Plus which is step up. Jayco agreed to let me pay the difference for a better unit. Both are porcelain bowl, but the Plus unit is supposed to have a more robust flush mechanism. We shall see.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:51 AM   #5

Thanks. The culprit does indeed appear to be the flush valve. I applied slight upward pressure on the foot valve, and it does stop the filling of the bowl. Now I just need to get it fixed. Thank you for sending me in the right direction.
Lthorp is offline   Reply With Quote