Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Jayco Tech and Tow > Jayco Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2018, 02:48 PM   #41

Lol, feel like a total moron, thought there was more to it than that. I have adjusted it a couple times by what i thought was feel, just wanted something concrete and have no clue why i didn't think of that....
Old 05-31-2018, 02:17 PM   #42

Just checked in with the dealer and they are all done with my truck.....I was told there was actually two separate updates which according to them should fix the problem, one of them specifically related to the brake controller ... these are updates the previous dealer didn't appear to check for. As soon as I get the truck and service work I'll notate the update codes here, and hopefully hook up today for a test
mtedelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 03:14 PM   #43

Make sure you use dielectric grease with the plug. It will help seal against dirt, water, helps prevents shorts due to moisture and will help prevent corrosion. You need to use it especially if you use an abrasive to clean any of the contacts. Abrasive cleaning removes what little coating is on the contacts to prevent corrosion.

I've used it for years on our TT and boat trailer. Considering the boat trailer would see water at or near the plug, we never had a contact issue....no corrosion, no poor contacts. I also use it inside spark plug boots, light connectors, light bulbs (so they don't stick in a socket when I need to remove them---even in the house) or any other electrical contact that might be exposed to water, salt, dirt, or other environment conditions that could cause problems.

And you might want to look for the spray cans rather than the small packets you see on the counters of auto part supplies. Much easier to get it into sockets. I bought the can we use about 6 years ago and still have more than half of it left. Saves several tank full of fuel over buying those tiny packets.

WHAT IS DIELECTRIC GREASE
Dielectric grease is a non-conductive, silicone-based grease that's designed to seal out moisture and prevent corrosion on electrical connectors. It also disrupts the flow of electrical current, which makes it good for lubricating and sealing the rubber parts of electrical connectors.
ifallsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 01:05 PM   #44

Update:

So the brake controller update seemed to make a big difference. Wont lock up the wheels, but I think like other's have said these new controllers are pretty advanced and the way they apply power is based on several variables to include speed etc. During the camping trip over the weekend, trailer brakes were working as they should and significantly better then before.
Old 06-04-2018, 01:53 PM   #45

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
Glad you got that under control, to many pounds behind you for the truck to tackle alone.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 04:39 PM   #46

mtedelen, Would you mind telling me what the specific updates were? My dealer checked my controller and said it was "up to date".

2021 Coachmen Freelander 29KB
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
NSA Ready Brute Elite II tow bar
Springhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 11:26 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by springhook View Post
mtedelen, would you mind telling me what the specific updates were? My dealer checked my controller and said it was "up to date".

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0327.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	191.7 KB
ID:	40413