Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-10-2015, 11:45 AM   #1

Angry Unhappy Camper

We purchased a 32’ 2015 Pinnacle 38FLSA on January 28th , we traded in our 39’ 2010 Eagle – we loved the Eagle and used it all the time and never had a problems with it. When we did the walk through both the door would not shut and the pantry door would not open all the way (it was hitting the wood on the slide out), and there is a large chuck of wood that was chipped off on one of the living room slides out. Camping World said they fixed the doors and would replace the wood on the slide out (which they never did).
The Pinnacle has a perfect layout for us and we were excited to start using it. The first week we had it, we took it out, set up, unpacked and went out to dinner. We came back to a huge puddle in the kitchen floor, found it was the crimp clamps on the water hoses. We would tighten them and it would hold for a few days and another huge puddle would appear , turned out all the clamps (including the bathroom and washer) were not holding tight enough so we switched them all out for hose clamps. One problem fixed.
Then a week later while we were watching TV the whole RV shook, what was that? It was our Grey tank for the kitchen falling. Yep the gray tank fell, now I know it was cold in February but the tank was a little over ½ full with RV antifreeze in it. Water and antifreeze was everywhere outside the RV. I called Jayco to have this repaired but they said I had to take it to a dealer to have it fixed. How do you drive down the road with you tank and underpinning hanging down? And besides we were not able to get the RV out of its location due to the snow an mud (we weren’t planning on moving it until Summer). So I had to call a mobile repair shop to come out and fix it (which cost us $700) so we could use the kitchen sink and take it to a dealer when we could.
Well, here it is late spring and due to work we haven’t been able to bring the RV in for repairs yet (we have to work to pay for this $70K RV), but now the main AC unit is out. I had an electrician take a look at the breakers and AMP’s, well it’s pulling 60 amps when the compressor comes on , which means something in the AC is locked up. And of course everyone is 1 month out on repairs and yep you have to bring it into a shop.
I wondering why I traded my 2010 in for this, it’s been one thing after another, it’s hard to enjoy your new RV when you waiting for the next major thing to break.
And BTW our pantry door still won’t open all the way, you have to pull it hard because of the wood from the slide out, which is either going to ruin the door or wood on the slide out.
Just a very unhappy camper.
Eaglewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 12:55 PM   #2

So sorry for your disgust in the unit. I would get Jayco involved, if they want to or not. They need to step up and fix this unit..for good. That's way too much <bleep bleeping > money to lay out on a fifth wheel that doesn't measure up! Tell them you want a rep for Jayco to look at the unit then get it to the dealer.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 01:00 PM   #3

Oh, and tell Jayco THEY can arrange to have the unit moved to a dealer..if that's what they want!
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 06:45 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWP723 View Post
So sorry for your disgust in the unit. I would get Jayco involved, if they want to or not. They need to step up and fix this unit..for good. That's way too much <bleep bleeping > money to lay out on a fifth wheel that doesn't measure up! Tell them you want a rep for Jayco to look at the unit then get it to the dealer.
x2. I have always had faster turn around on the direct approach. Never had to use it, but what does Coach Net cover?

Also perhaps you can get a mobile service unit pre-approved on the AC fix so it's livable.

Sorry your dealing with these issues.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 07:54 PM   #5

Do you have a Heat pump a/c? Our had a bad reversing valve and the whole unit had to be replaced. Coleman told the tech immediately that the whole unit had to go.
Old 06-10-2015, 08:09 PM   #6

I cringed when I read about the tank falling. Sorry to hear about your experience but you must let Jayco/selling dealer know about your issues and document EVERYTHING until its right or demand the unit replaced on their dime. Unreal..
exjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 11:48 AM   #7

Thanks guys for letting me vent. I just feel so frustrated. I called Jayco (again) and they said they would work on all the issues I have but I have to bring it into a dealer, which I defiantly plan on doing but everyone is so far out on repairs right now.
It is the A/C with the heat pump, I got a hold of a mobile repair service from Coleman and he is coming out on the 26th (Coleman will cover the repair but not the travel time, he's 2hrs away at $100hr, but it's worth it). Just to add to my growing list, our power fan in the bathroom will not close all the way now, it's like 7' to the fan so I can't reach it to open/close it manually. I think this thing was built on a Friday or Monday.
Eaglewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 02:06 PM   #8

I can certainly feel your pain and you have our sympathy. As aggravating as it is, it would be far worse if Jayco wasn't ready to fix it. We had similar issues with our unit when we got it. Very, very frustrating!!! But once we went thru a year of pain and the unit had to go back to Jayco, we are very happy with our unit now. I still will say that your dealer can be a major part of your dismay or happiness. It sounds like Camping World is dragging there feet, if I'm getting it right.
Ela1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 11:47 PM   #9

Ah, yes...Pinnacle...the top of the line 5th wheel trailer in the Jayco fleet.

Just in the past week I have had to do the following to my Pinnacle (see sig) while on the road:
•replace a sheared driveline bolt in my dinette slide
•repair the entertainment slide (the blue lead wire on the right hand motor had its insulation rubbed off and was shorting out)
•for the 3rd time had to reset the barrel pin in the right gear assembly of the front landing gear (try doing that without being able to remove the leg entirely!)

Fortunately, I am handy enough to do the work myself as am off warranty and on the road. But when you pay nearly $50,000 for a brand new unit you'd expect more. And, I am OCD when it comes to maintenance.

Since I'm off warranty I'm sure Jayco would do nothing. My concern is that these expensive units have a 3 year usable life and then start nickel and dime-ing you. And no, I am not a full-timer. We use the trailer about a total of 3 months a year.

Yes, I am a very frustrated Pinnacle owner at the present time!!

'06 2500 Silverado 4X4, Duramax LBZ Diesel, Firestone air bags
'08 Tracker Pro Guide V-16 Boat
'12 Pinnacle 31RLTS
taviking22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 07:59 PM   #10

Same feelings about my 2014 Seismic. Taviking22 I'm calling you next time I need to troubleshoot! Anyway my list of deficiencies as existed since day one and of course is getting longer by the week. Just short of two years old. Looking toward replacing with a Heartland or Grand Design. Even with the huge hit of replacing so early, my belief is it will pay for itself with repairs after next year and moreso, the constant stress, disappointment, and headaches this has brought. If I wanted these issues, Id go to work, this is supposed to be relaxing.
P25ct is offline   Reply With Quote