Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-05-2017, 03:30 PM   #21

Thanks

We got the same coach and love it as well. I've seen the same listing problem and am planning to talk to Camping World when I take it in for some warranty work in a couple weeks. One question, tho. I've seen on some other forums that if you drill into the chassis it voids the Mercedes warranty. Do these levelers avoid that problem?

Also - does your slide move up and down slightly when extending?
Rscudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 04:18 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rscudder View Post
We got the same coach and love it as well. I've seen the same listing problem and am planning to talk to Camping World when I take it in for some warranty work in a couple weeks. One question, tho. I've seen on some other forums that if you drill into the chassis it voids the Mercedes warranty. Do these levelers avoid that problem?

Also - does your slide move up and down slightly when extending?
You are correct regarding the Mercedes warranty being voided if you drill into the chassis. This is why Mercedes would not agree to honoring the warranty if Jayco added the Jride, designed to provide additional stability when driving the RV. Also, our slide does not move up and down when extending. It is a smooth move out.
jkaras7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 04:28 PM   #23

So the Melbourne doesn't have the Jride on it?
prairielu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 04:52 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairielu View Post
So the Melbourne doesn't have the Jride on it?
The Melbourne 24 series on the Mercedes chassis does not have Jride.
Old 08-06-2017, 02:35 PM   #25

Somtime times that is what you get these days. Customer service service in the RV install and repair shops is pretty much out the door. I find my self leading them through the conversation until I am able to extract the information I need. Too bad but I guess they have soo much business these days they are not forced to focus on customer satisfaction. I will say my Jayco contact has been a gem. Clear concise and timely. Stick with it you'll be gald you did, Dale
Safetysnoaccident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 02:37 PM   #26

Nope and I was lead to believe it did by the salesman at Colerain RV in Ohio. Put it this way if it is on the 24L it is not what they calim it is. Get proof dont assume.
Old 08-06-2017, 04:44 PM   #27

Dale, like you our salesperson and the dealership have been completely open and honest. The warranty work they did on the Melbourne 24L was top notch. One of the items addressed on warranty was to replace a torn awning. The dealer identified the problem during their pre-delivery inspection and immediately orders a replacement. They are proactive and focus on customer service. Despite being busy, they recognize that good customer service results in good reviews, recommendations to friends and repeat business.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:42 AM   #28

No question your's is the model to follow for a solid reliable Brand. The Point of sale is the fragile piece for a Manufacturer. The dealer is the make or break for the Mfg. I am gald to hear your dealer did it right. Vegas is not that far what is your dealer's name? Thanks, Dale
Old 08-09-2017, 10:30 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safetysnoaccident View Post
No question your's is the model to follow for a solid reliable Brand. The Point of sale is the fragile piece for a Manufacturer. The dealer is the make or break for the Mfg. I am gald to hear your dealer did it right. Vegas is not that far what is your dealer's name? Thanks, Dale
Dale, our dealer here in the Las Vegas valley is Johnnie Walker RV. They are a family owned dealership. We spoke to many local RV owners and virtually all of them said Johnnie Walker is the place to go. This dealership has three locations. The one we went to for our purchase and warranty work is located at 4784 Boulder Hwy. The phone number is (702) 436-2495. Regardless, all three locations treat you the same.... as family.