Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-16-2018, 05:03 AM   #1

Warranty Issues

We bought a brand new Jay Feather 23RL. I understand that there will be issues, but whao. It has been a nightmare getting warranty issues resolved. I wonder if any one else have had warranty issues as well.
Santiagj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 07:48 AM   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
Explain a bit further what the issues are?
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 07:49 AM   #3

Unfortunately once some dealers get your $$$$ they just want you go go away. If your dealer is dragging feet I would suggest contacting Jayco directly.
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 08:10 AM   #4
Site Team

There are many threads on JOF about warranty issues.

Could you provide some specifics?
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 08:47 AM   #5
Site Team

I had an interesting experience on Monday when I was at my dealer for the LED light recall and my annual state inspection. When I was sitting in the waiting room, the secretary desk was directly across from me in the office. I literally heard the phone ring 6 times in the 45 min I was there with people calling for service appointments. The standard line from the secretary when she answered was "We are 3-4 weeks out on service appointments". I had called a month ago to set up mine and heard the same line. When I got there on Monday, I understood why. Every bay in the shop was full and every tech working on something.

Anyway, while my trailer was in the shop, the service tech found a small spot of delamination starting on the rear baggage door for the outside kitchen. He took some pictures and started the warranty process for Jayco. He asked me very politely if I would consider waiting until later in the summer for the repair since they were so busy right now. Of course.....I didn't even know the spot was there and it certainly doesn't effect me using the trailer every weekend like we do now.

The moral of the story is.....I wonder how many of these bad warranty experience threads or bad dealer threads are truly that the dealer is unwilling to help, but rather, unable to help or get the unit fixed in the owners expected time frame? I get it, we all expect something that we spend our money on to be perfect and when something goes wrong we want it fixed yesterday. But that simply isn't the industry right now. RV's aren't perfect from the factory and RV dealers service departments are stretched for time, staff, and resources.
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 09:26 AM   #6

Was in the automotive repair business as a kid and learned a few important lessons that have helped throughout the years.
1. Pick a place to purchase that has the ability to provide warranty service.
2. Treat the Service Writer as if they were your family. Most others treat them as if they "work for them."
3. Write down all of your requests and get an agreement from the writer.
4. If you have to go to management, be humble. Address the issue, not the service writer. They are often just the "messenger."
5. With Internet these days; if something is done well, write a review and send it to the writer and management. If something is done wrong, write
Finally, be reasonable. Your dealer didn't manufacture or break you RV. They don't make the parts. If something is done incorrectly, ASK, if it should have been done a different way, instead of demanding an explanation. When you are reasonable you will more than often get reasonable service.
(Thanks to my Father for making me work since I was 12. He got me a job in a radiator shop where I traded labor for help rebuilding my first car. I learned what Customer Service was from a proud "old German." Treat him right and he would give you the world, treat him badly and he would tell you to take your car to someone else.

I have a great relationship with my Service Writer but he can only do what he can do. I have some repairs to get done, they have 28 service bays, but it still will take about 2 weeks because they are so busy.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 02:49 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALJO View Post
Explain a bit further what the issues are?

What does ALJO means
Old 06-17-2018, 06:35 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santiagj View Post
What does ALJO means
Several faults workmanship, back splash crooked, bathroom door dropped on a corner, awning with pinholes, hole on the floor next to the bathroom, slide wall punch hole, among other things. Local dealer said they need to order parts but it has been more than two months and Jayco send some of the parts wrong so they have to be reorder. Another two month, is ridiculous. I understand my camper is not a 60 or 70g camper but is my camper and should have the same service a warranties as the big campers do. Sales people trying to do the best but service not happy with Jayco service..
Old 06-17-2018, 07:56 PM   #9

2 months to get a drip pan for my fridge. 4 months to get a return grill for the furnace. Called the dealer weekly and jayco after the first month. That was just to get the parts. Thankfully I installed them myself.
o2silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 05:58 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santiagj View Post
We bought a brand new Jay Feather 23RL. I understand that there will be issues, but whao. It has been a nightmare getting warranty issues resolved. I wonder if any one else have had warranty issues as well.
Im an avid Google maps and yelp review writer, Jayco has been really bad with the final product quality my first was a 2016 Jay Feather 7 with the two murphy beds, by en of 2017 both beds leaked & fridge stopped working

My second (and last) Jayco unit is a 2019 Jayfeather SLX 174 BH
The night after I left the dealer I noticed all the issues...

Door was made smaller than the opening
Screen was even smaller than the door
Hub grease cap was missing
Cabinets open while in tow
Shelf under sink broke apart
A/C leaks inside unit all night
Front window leaks while in tow in the rain

My only reason for a Jayco is the max width on this unit is 85" so I can store it at my home.
Thats truly the only reason
2019 - Jayco - JayFeather SLX 174BH
enri1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 06:07 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightmoon View Post

The moral of the story is.....I wonder how many of these bad warranty experience threads or bad dealer threads are truly that the dealer is unwilling to help, but rather, unable to help or get the unit fixed in the owners expected time frame?
In my opinion probably 95%. You see article after article that dealers can't find qualified techs, or many can't pass a drug test.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jayco warranty