Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-13-2012, 08:53 AM   #1

warranty list

here's my warranty list when I bring Eagle HT to the dealer, most minors stuff, a couple larger things.
Does that seem excessive or is that the average repairs required on new units?

replace propane door (as noted on PDI, backing was missing)
secure couch to the wall (came right out of the wall)
replace/repair kitchen faucet (cracked)
replace closet rod in bathroom (too short, falls right off)
re-inforce bathroom closet shelf, it's sagging
look at front right side just in front of water gutter, hole or missing caulking (hope it's not a gaping hole where water could get in!)
repair/replace wall on left side of the fridge ( beside the couch), coming apart on the bottom and a large ripped hole where the wires come through ( the guy making that hole for the wires must have used a hammer instead of a drill to punch this hole!)
replace/repair wall behind dinette (near entrance door), screws coming poking through the wood (not all the way through, yet but we can feel them)
DVD player not playing some movies (purchased legal movies, not copies) and not playing the iphone
stabilizer jacks button stays stucked in extend or retract position (stays on once we press the button and release)
https://3dogsandacamper.tumblr.com
Boubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:03 AM   #2

When you say the stereo is not playing your iPhone... tell me more. Because ours will not play via the USB - we're forced to use the auxillary input which then drains the battery in the phone. I just assumed that this function was not possible for whatever reason, but it could be a defect?

Karen, Scott, our daughers (6 and 9), and Finley (Finn) the wonder lab.

2013 Jayco Jayfeather X23B
2001 Viking 2485ST pop up
southpaw211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:10 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw211 View Post
When you say the stereo is not playing your iPhone... tell me more. Because ours will not play via the USB - we're forced to use the auxillary input which then drains the battery in the phone. I just assumed that this function was not possible for whatever reason, but it could be a defect?
But will it charge via USB? If so just use the aux port to play music and the USB to charge it, all at the same time.

2012 Jayco X17Z SOLD!:Beerchug:
LongIslandCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:18 AM   #4

Well now I just feel dumb! :error:

Yes, it does charge with the USB. I have not plugged both in at the same time, but you can bet I'll be trying that as soon as I get home from work today. D'oh!

Old 09-13-2012, 09:20 AM   #5

Quote:
Click image for larger version

Name:	ipod_compatibility_guide.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	5188

if the picture is too small, view the website and click on ipod compatibility guide

http://www.jensenheavyduty.com/jense...eo-output.html

According to Jensen webpage, the model AWM975 should support the iphone.
We too are only able to play the iphone via the auxiliary input
Old 09-13-2012, 09:26 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cm11599ps View Post
But will it charge via USB? If so just use the aux port to play music and the USB to charge it, all at the same time.
oh! is that what they mean by compatible?
I thought that it should play via the usb....
Old 09-13-2012, 10:13 AM   #7

I don't have that option in my TT, so I have to use the aux port.

Two car radios I have actually have a USB port that I can plug my iPhone into to play music though.

2012 Jayco X17Z SOLD!:Beerchug:
LongIslandCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:29 AM   #8

On the back of the stereo you need to purchase and plug in the Jensen I-pod interface cable that is listed with your unit and compatible with your unit. In the manual you will see the part number. This requires removal of the stereos four screws then plugging in the interface cable to the wire labled i-pod interface. That's the only way I know it to work.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:53 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boubou View Post
Attachment 5188

if the picture is too small, view the website and click on ipod compatibility guide

http://www.jensenheavyduty.com/jense...eo-output.html

According to Jensen webpage, the model AWM975 should support the iphone.
We too are only able to play the iphone via the auxiliary input
Our X23B (2012 model) has the AMW970. I just looked through the manual and it doesn't say that it supports an iPhone via the USB port. I've also tried it and got "no-joy". Looks like the 975 is an upgraded version, the pic looks the same. Aux in and USB for power works fine.

I've also tried a large (64GB) flash drive and discovered it won't work either. Has no problem with a smaller drive (2GB) so somewhere between 2 and 64 is the limit I guess. It also failed to play from a USB HDD that I have my music backed up on.

edit:
Just spent some time reading the 975 manual and comparing it to my 970 manual. Apparently the iPhone/iPad connection is through a port on the REAR of the unit (pg 15 "Accessing iPod Mode"). I also see rear has HDMI and optical ports which mine apparently doesn't (not in the manual).

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:04 PM   #10

I guess the interface cable is the way to go, then. I was wanting my husband to knock out that panel above the stereo so we could utilize that space to hold ipods & iphones anyhow. I had no idea we had the NOAA weatherband though - guess I will also have to flip through the manual after work to figure out how to access it.

I apologize for hijacking your thread, Boubou!

Old 09-13-2012, 12:13 PM   #11

I do not think your list is to long. The hole that looks to have been made with a hammer instead of a drill, that should have never happened (IMHO).

I have had mine in 3-4 times this year already mostly for small things. The dealer has fixed a few things that were not even on my list. I have an appointment next week, the list is only 5 items long. All the issues I have experience I would fully expect with a new car or house.

What drives me nuts is when it is not fixed right and I have to bring it back in.

Tip; get bright colored 3x3 Postit Notes, write the issue on it and apply it to the location where the problem is. Then the service tech does not have to completely rely on what the service counter person entered on the computer. When mine is in next week for what appears to be a random water leak under the bathroom sink. Because I fully expect the tech will not be able to locate the leak. I also included a few photographs the pool of water and the above plumbing to show that it is not a leaky valve, faucet, seals, etc, for the systems tech to review.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:44 PM   #12

Quote:
I guess the interface cable is the way to go, then. I was wanting my husband to knock out that panel above the stereo so we could utilize that space to hold ipods & iphones anyhow. I had no idea we had the NOAA weatherband though - guess I will also have to flip through the manual after work to figure out how to access it.

I apologize for hijacking your thread, Boubou!
No problem!!!! Same here! Didn't know we had NOAA until yesterday lol
Old 09-13-2012, 03:49 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
I do not think your list is to long. The hole that looks to have been made with a hammer instead of a drill, that should have never happened (IMHO).

I have had mine in 3-4 times this year already mostly for small things. The dealer has fixed a few things that were not even on my list. I have an appointment next week, the list is only 5 items long. All the issues I have experience I would fully expect with a new car or house.

What drives me nuts is when it is not fixed right and I have to bring it back in.

Tip; get bright colored 3x3 Postit Notes, write the issue on it and apply it to the location where the problem is. Then the service tech does not have to completely rely on what the service counter person entered on the computer. When mine is in next week for what appears to be a random water leak under the bathroom sink. Because I fully expect the tech will not be able to locate the leak. I also included a few photographs the pool of water and the above plumbing to show that it is not a leaky valve, faucet, seals, etc, for the systems tech to review.
Great tip for post it notes!!!
I have to take a pick of the hole between fridge and couch to show you. It's really a shame they did this, I guess the dealer will have to remove the wall, cut around the ragged mess of a hole, move a wooden floor guide (to screw into) and reposition that wall ( it sticks out at the bottom). Hard to explain. Not such a big deal but shabby finish.
Luckily, we are only 20 minutes from dealer
Old 09-13-2012, 06:33 PM   #14

Darn, when I read about what other owners find with their Jayco products, I cringe. Granted mine is located about 250 miles away, so it doe not get used a whole lot. I bought it in July, and have spent maybe a total of 18 nights in it. I have found only 2 issues. One was the caulking around the bath room tub faucet and the other was a couple of spots on the roof that I was not happy with the caulking. Everything else (knock on wood) appears fine so far.
No TV since Tundra can't do it

krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:51 PM   #15

Glad there's a two year warranty. Gives enough time to shake thing down and fixed up. Loving this small 5th wheel
Old 09-14-2012, 07:07 AM   #16

Whenever I had work done I kept a list of the issues with me and went through it with the dealer. I did this over the phone when they called and said it was ready. That way when you get there you know it has all been addressed. In most cases they have asked the tech if one thing was missing. A good shop will have the list checked off that you provided as issues.

The post it's are a good idea too but I wouldn't just rely on them.

6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
Old 09-14-2012, 07:37 AM   #17

Bummer. Checked out my stereo last night - it's the 965, not the 975. No NOAA for me. Luckily I have a weather radio that I picked up from the LL Bean outlet store a few years ago, so we will keep using that. I don't see anything about being able to use the interface cable either, so I will just plug in the aux & usb at the same time to solve that issue.

One thing I noticed last night is between my A & B speakers. When A is selected on its own, both interior speakers play. When B is selected on its own, nothing plays. I'm guessing that's not right. Not an immediate concern by any means though. I can't see where I'd only use one of the inside speakers anyhow.

Old 09-14-2012, 08:58 AM   #18

Quote:
One thing I noticed last night is between my A & B speakers. When A is selected on its own, both interior speakers play. When B is selected on its own, nothing plays. I'm guessing that's not right. Not an immediate concern by any means though. I can't see where I'd only use one of the inside speakers anyhow.
Our B speakers (or maybe C, I forget) powers the outside speakers. If you have the outside speaks and they don't work I'd pull the radio out of the cabinet (4 screws, easy) and check the wiring. Be forewarned, the wiring behind the radio may be pretty ugly. Mine looked like rats have been having a love-in back there.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:11 AM   #19

Our C speakers power the outside - they're fine. I need to get up in there to the rat's nest anyhow and take out that top panel so we can use it as a cubby so I have somewhere to put my phone. Right now I have some leftover scrap of that non-slip cupboard liner that I stick on the range hood and set my phone on top of that. Not as sturdy as a cabinet, but it works for now.

Old 09-14-2012, 09:33 AM   #20

I also have the 965 and there is a plug in for the interface cable on the back of the unit labeled I-pod cable. When you have it removed you should see a single balck wire with a female plug end on it. You need to purchase the interface cable from Jensen or some other outlet depending on the model of i-pod, phone you are working with.

6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB