Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-09-2019, 10:55 AM   #1

Warranty Question

Hi All- Having some intermittent leaking down the pex tubing supplying water to the shower, and from behind the toilet. The leak behind the toilet seems to be coming from the hoses supplying water to the toilet. I have tightened the valves on both, but still get intermittent leakage. No rhyme or reason to why or when, just have to leave the panel off in my storage bay so I can check it a couple times a day when we are camping, and ring out the rags and sponges I have wrapped around the bottom of the tubing if it leaks. During our last trip (7 days, with hook ups, so under constant pressure except when we were at the beach because I shut off the water) it leaked 3 different times that I can remember (damn fireball).

Dealer says they cannot recreate it, therefore cannot perform any work. Our warranty expires this month. I asked what happens when it leaks again, but is out of warranty and they told me they will have to fix it, but will have to eat the cost because Jayco will not reimburse them after the warranty is up. so....
1- any suggestions on how I can get them to guarantee they will complete the repair after the warranty is up
2- anyone had this problem? Our unit is a 2017 26bh, and we are first time RV owners.

Thanks in advance,

Ryan
TravelinWrestlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 12:12 PM   #2
Site Team

First take pictures of the leak and send them with an email to service@jayco.com with your VIN number. Ask them how they want to handle this issue. This will put your problem on record with JAYCO, before the warranty expires. Dealers seem to not want to take the bull by the horns when it comes to problems.

Don
My Registry

RVing with SOLAR
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 08:55 AM   #3

You do need to find where the leak is coming from. Due diligence it what I call it. And, of course with the dealer having the nubby working warranty, your identification in the issue will promote their ability to fix it. Try strips of paper towels wrapped around or laid near the leak and keep checking it. The sooner the better.

I normally will work with the manufacture's tech (Girard WtrHtr, Furrion, Frigidaire). When you can have their tech rep write a RGA (work order) and get that number to the dealer to expedite the repair...

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote