Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-26-2016, 11:42 AM   #1

Warranty repair wait time?

We have a Jayco 16XRB that we purchased new about six months ago. We used it on three short trips and discovered at least one significant problem on each trip (rain leaking in from 2 windows, door does not seal, refrigerator not cooling, propane leak + a few more items). We took it back to the dealer that we purchased it from for warranty work. It has been there since July 4th. The dealer says that they have been waiting on Jayco for authorization to do the repairs and now for parts. This is our 4th camper (2nd Jayco) but the first one we purchased new. Is this slow response typical? We are getting pretty frustrated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
djohnsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 11:48 AM   #2

In my opinion sure sounds like the dealer just got around to working on it. I've never had to wait for JAYCO to authorize the repairs on our FW.
Old 09-26-2016, 12:03 PM   #3

Generally (in my experience), Jayco authorizes repairs pretty quickly. I did wait a couple of months for awning material to arrive to dealer for replacement. Parts can take time, especially during the peak of the season (July). I agree in that almost 3 months is frustrating to the point of unacceptable. I would start pushing hard. Time to call Jayco directly to find out what the hold up is.

In my case I was able to continue using the trailer until the parts came in. My dealer then arranged 'onsite' replacement/repair at my seasonal site.

Leaks is a totally different story. It's unuseable if it has leaks IMO. I hope the problematic areas are being well protected from the elements as they wait for parts.
Old 09-26-2016, 12:09 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnsn View Post
We have a Jayco 16XRB that we purchased new about six months ago. We used it on three short trips and discovered at least one significant problem on each trip (rain leaking in from 2 windows, door does not seal, refrigerator not cooling, propane leak + a few more items). We took it back to the dealer that we purchased it from for warranty work. It has been there since July 4th. The dealer says that they have been waiting on Jayco for authorization to do the repairs and now for parts. This is our 4th camper (2nd Jayco) but the first one we purchased new. Is this slow response typical? We are getting pretty frustrated.

We have a 2016 eagle we bought in Sept 2015, same problem.The Factory and dealership like to play good cop bad cop.Blaming each other, better send certified mail on your complaints.My first year warranty is up still have unrepaired roof and sub-floor in living room that was not repaired properly.I think the goal is to run you out of warranty time, or just to get you to give up.We are sending certifyed letter to President this week to further document our complaints! Good Luck
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 12:11 PM   #5

Certifyed mail is legal notice of any type, better document all issues now.The warranty clock is running against you!
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 02:39 PM   #6
Lost in the Woods

Warranty

My thoughts are keep them out of service as long as possible leaves less of the 2 year warranty your just stuck I was waiting to see if any changes came with new owners no luck so far it's like putting 60000 in the shredder
My garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 02:50 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by My garage View Post
My thoughts are keep them out of service as long as possible leaves less of the 2 year warranty your just stuck I was waiting to see if any changes came with new owners no luck so far it's like putting 60000 in the shredder
Then why do the "good dealerships" or JAYCO directly have good service turn around and approvals.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 02:55 PM   #8
Lost in the Woods

Grumpy

It is in there shop not at a dealer dealer told me to take it there
Old 09-26-2016, 03:08 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by My garage View Post
It is in there shop not at a dealer dealer told me to take it there
Then how do you explain these two posts?

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f1...ily-40116.html
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 04:05 PM   #10

Probably your best option would of been to make a service appointment to document the issues and submit a claim with the dealer. When Jayco approved everything and parts come in schedule the repair process. At least you could use it during the wait time. My unit has been at at the repair shop since May, but i don't have a truck to haul it back and forth. It has only moved 120 miles on my part since I purchased it. If I had a truck it wouldn't be sitting at a shop unless it was totally unusable.
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 04:54 PM   #11

Our local dealer does not take appointments - this is part of our frustration.

They have told us that the leaking issues have been repaired so no further damage should be occurring.

It sounds like some folks have had very good experiences with repairs and others not so good. I will consider contacting Jayco directly to see if they will help.

Old 09-26-2016, 05:19 PM   #12

Our 2015 White Hawk had some shower issues that caused a wall to start sagging and falling apart in the kitchen side of the wall. We contacted the dealer and sent him required pictures. He told us he would order a new wall panel from Jayco and thought he would have it in about two weeks. I figured closer to a month, if then.

About three weeks later, the service manager called to say the panel was in and when could we schedule it's installation. We went up the following Tuesday and told him we could not return until Thursday or Friday at the earliest, so no rush. He called Wednesday to tell us it was ready.

When we arrived Thursday, he had forgotten that they were going to remove and re-caulk the entire shower stall. So, we killed a couple of hours while one of his techs could finish the work.

Sounds like the OP has a legitimate beef with his dealer.

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 05:32 PM   #13

I have had two warranty issues in my first year. My dealer is 140 miles away so I take pictures of the problem and email to my salesman. Within a week they have approval from Jayco then its waiting for parts. The first problem was a mattress that pulled apart at the seems and the small vent on the exterior HWT cover blew off on the freeway somewhere. The new cover showed up a week later by UPS, and the new mattress arrived by freight a few weeks later. Now I have a problem with paint flaking off on the entry door, claim approved within a few days, Jayco has ordered a new door from Lippert and says it may take a month before it arrives. My dealer has continued to go above and beyond what I expected after reading all the horror stories here and on other forums.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 05:52 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnsn View Post
Our local dealer does not take appointments - this is part of our frustration.

They have told us that the leaking issues have been repaired so no further damage should be occurring.

It sounds like some folks have had very good experiences with repairs and others not so good. I will consider contacting Jayco directly to see if they will help.

Complaining directly to Jayco seems to have done some good. I picked up the camper Saturday.

Of course the quality of repairs leaves a lot to be desired. Some of the "repairs" will have to be redone before the camper is really usable.

Old 10-25-2016, 06:22 PM   #15
Dan

We dropped off our FW to our dealer today with an extensive ten-item list of warranty work. They told us they would have it at least 2-3 months. Since our camping season was done anyway it did not bother me. Heck, they can keep it all winter in a nice warm bay if they care to.

2013 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L CTD DRW CCLB
2015 White Hawk 28DSBH (trade-in)
2015 Eagle 355MBQS (trade-in)
2019 Jay Flight 29BHDB
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 06:37 PM   #16
Lost in the Woods

Service

Ours has been in service all summer long may thru today granted we mainly use it for the winter in az but lets get real on service times better yet what is the factory doing to stop the poor workmanship that's the problem or their supplier of the junk it's not all Jaycos fault Iam finding out
Old 02-13-2017, 10:54 PM   #17

That's amazing Jayco sent parts and mattress directly to you. They've refused to do that on multiple occasions with me. I've had the camper for almost a month and still don't have the replacement TV. They're shipping a replacement to the dealer and i have to take the old one in and pick up the new one. Same with the mattress. I intend to resell all these replacement parts as they are worthless for any kind of extended use. As of tonight I'm on my 6th interior plumbing leak. I turn the water supply off at night and when I'm at work or out for extended periods of time. I've been able to fix 5 of the leaks on my own and replaced much of the basement insulation but this last leak is at a PEX Tee fitting and I can't get it to hold. Will call a plumber at my own expense. There is NO Jayco warranty IMO, it's bait and switch advertising...
Deal Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 01:09 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deal Breaker View Post
*snip*As of tonight I'm on my 6th interior plumbing leak. I turn the water supply off at night and when I'm at work or out for extended periods of time. I've been able to fix 5 of the leaks on my own and replaced much of the basement insulation but this last leak is at a PEX Tee fitting and I can't get it to hold. Will call a plumber at my own expense. There is NO Jayco warranty IMO, it's bait and switch advertising...
If your rig is still under warranty, instead of continuing to fix these defects on your own, why not return the rig for warranty repairs? At least you would get what you paid for, the warranty.

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 09:23 AM   #19

Story after story. Long delays for warranty work that should take a couple of days. Almost always is blamed on Jayco by the dealer, but almost always ends up being the dealer's fault. People still take their unit back to the same dealer, because they don't want to drive an extra 50 miles to get to a better dealer service department. Occasionally, I see someone fixing their own problems, then turning around and blaming Jayco for not fixing those same problems. More often, I see the little stuff just fixed by a savvy owner who knows it will take far less time and effort to just fix the loose panel than to hitch it and take it to the dealer, wait for repairs, and go pick it up again.

It's not a conspiracy against you by Jayco. Nobody includes incidental costs in their warranty, and sometimes it IS much easier to just fix minor stuff on your own.
Old 02-15-2017, 01:13 AM   #20

Local dealer requires leaving the camper with them for 14-17 days. If you're one of the million or so full time rv'ers can you imagine leaving your home that long? They require it to be empty, free of food, etc... Now go get a hotel room for a couple of weeks and then repeat this process over and over again as these leaks aren't all showing up at the same time. Jayco saves Millions by not having to honor their warranty. I spoke to a Mobile repair service today who informed me if I want him to bill Jayco he has to come to my site to photograph the issue ($85 service call), go back to his office and fill out all the paper work with Jayco, wait 7-14 days for Jayco authorization, call me up to schedule the actual repairs for another $85 service call. These trailers cost more than a lot of cars, can you imagine a car dealer telling you to leave car or truck for a couple of weeks for warranty service and we'll see what we can do? I'm hoping California starts a Jayco Class Action Lemon Law Suit! They can have this POS back tomorrow....