Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-27-2020, 05:42 PM   #1

Water Pump issues in Jayco 265RLS

Ok. thanks to you guys, I've isolated my overflow issue to the check valve in my water pump. Brand new Jayco 265RLS. It has a Shurflo 4008-101-A65 water pump. check valve will not stop air (or water) from backflow. I disassembled the pump and cycled the check valve, still didnt fix it.
So I am just going to rebuild the pump.

I did find the strainer full of crap. And the pump was only mounted with 2 screws, not 4. Whoever at Jayco installed the pump, didnt even get the screws thru the holes in the rubber mount, they made it directly thru the plastic bracket. Keep in mind, this is a brand new camper.

I guess par for the course now days....unbelievable.
Attached Thumbnails
jayco water pump.jpg  
KilbrideTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 08:41 AM   #2

We are on the road in a campground and have the same pump. It suddenly stopped pumping water but still runs. Cleaned the strainer of quite a bit of mineral sediment, although it was cleaned while winterizing last. Anyway, the pump won't prime but runs. Thinking about replacing it if the exact same one fits w/o any plumbing line modifications. Perhaps before ordering one I should attempt to take apart and see if anything is plugged up inside. How difficult was it to disassemble and clean?
Current TV: 2010 Chevy 2500HD, CC, LB, Duramax/Allison

mikefos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 12:20 PM   #3

Hope to not find the same in our brand new 265RLS... smh
ComputerBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 12:43 PM   #4

Water getting into fresh water tank?

Would this same check-valve issue be the reason I am somehow getting some water into my fresh water tank?

We always use the city water hook up for water. But it seems on several occasions I find water has found it’s way into the fresh water tank.
RichKitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 01:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichKitt View Post
Would this same check-valve issue be the reason I am somehow getting some water into my fresh water tank?

We always use the city water hook up for water. But it seems on several occasions I find water has found it’s way into the fresh water tank.
That is the most common cause of city water making u=its way to the fresh water tank yes...

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 02:37 PM   #6

You could install a Sharkbite check valve.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...tml#post969501
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 04:54 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokerBill View Post
You could install a Sharkbite check valve.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...tml#post969501
I installed a check valve outside the pump also. The backflow pressure from city water was making it through the pump’s interior check valve. Cheap and problem solved.
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 05:35 PM   #8

Thanks!

Thanks for the suggestions guys
Old 05-20-2023, 02:15 PM   #9

New pump same issue

So we are out on our first camping trip of the year this weekend.

Last week, I replaced the original Shurflo pump with a new one. I read that if ordering just the check valve you could end up with the wrong part due to Shurflo changing the check valve in the pump but not updating to a new part number.

So off we go on our trip; after being on the site for two days I decide to open the fresh water valve and see if the problem was corrected.

Nope, even with brand new $80 pump in place water still ran out of the fresh water tank for about 6 minutes (~ 4 gallons??).

Needless to say I am not happy… The pump took me almost 2 hours to replace; I think the 265RLS was built around it. A couple of people have recommended an external check valve. Would this be on the output side of the pump? If so, that would be a real challenge to install and the hoses going to the pump have no slack in them at all.

Is there something I am overlooking?
Old 05-20-2023, 02:26 PM   #10

Quote:

Last week, I replaced the original Shurflo pump with a new one. I read that if ordering just the check valve you could end up with the wrong part due to Shurflo changing the check valve in the pump but not updating to a new part number.

So off we go on our trip; after being on the site for two days I decide to open the fresh water valve and see if the problem was corrected.

Nope, even with brand new $80 pump in place water still ran out of the fresh water tank for about 6 minutes (~ 4 gallons??).

Needless to say I am not happy… The pump took me almost 2 hours to replace; I think the 265RLS was built around it. A couple of people have recommended an external check valve. Would this be on the output side of the pump? If so, that would be a real challenge to install and the hoses going to the pump have no slack in them at all.

I had the same issue with the pump in my 2022 33RBTS. I rebuilt the pump and still had water getting past the check valve. I just added a gate valve the the Inlet side of the pump. We don't use our pump very often so I just need to rememebr to open the valve when we do.
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2023, 03:07 PM   #11

Quote:

The check valve should be on the "INLET" side of the pump that keeps pressure on the pump so it shuts off and also stops water from flowing back to the tank.
Old 05-30-2023, 12:41 PM   #12

I have the same pump and I had the same problem. It was my fault. I have the old style rubber disk check valve. I pushed the disk partially past its seat when I blew air into it during winterizing last fall. I took the check valve apart and repositioned the disk. It seems fine now.

Before I took the valve apart, I bought a repair kit and a new face plate for the pump on Amazon. Both the face plate and the repair kit have the new style plastic disk with an O ring for the check valve. They wouldn’t work with my existing face plate. I’m keeping both of them. If I have a check valve problem in the future, I can replace tbe face plate with the new check valve and have a repair kit ready to go for the next time. I’m also going to relocate the pump for better access next time. ��