Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-28-2017, 05:15 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Was this a salvage title?
How in the world would anyone repair damage in such a way?
Doug - it's a long/tedious process. I finish my roof and need to do the floor and the front bunk still.
http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f4...ent-39639.html

18 months is a long time and it doesn't take long for that type of damage to happen. If you look through my thread you can see how it spreads. I'm not saying they knew or didn't know (same with mine) but after that long I don't think a small claims court judge will rule in your favor.
If I had to guess at paying a shop to fix what you have I'd go as high as $8,500. The $1,500 trade in might not be too bad an offer, I hate to say.

I wish ypu the best of luck and if you do the work yourself, take lots of pictures and measurements so you can go back when you're assembling it you'll have as much to reference as possible. Am doing then you can also do a 'How to' thread.

ROOF REPLACEMENT

PARTIAL FLOOR REPLACEMENT
Scott91370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 01:09 PM   #22

Nulook, If you decide to rebuild your camper you can call Jayco and get drawings of any parts of the structure. I got the roof, side walls, and rear wall for my 285RKS.
I purchased 3 used campers since 2001. Every one had undisclosed issues. 1989 MiniCruizer truck camper every window was not sealed to the body and the floor and overhead were soft. 1994 Dutchmen 22' 5er both wheel wells were sealed with gallons of silicone. The sheet metal was rotted away. The only way I found it was when the stuff under the kitchen cabinet got wet. I made new aluminum wheel well and replaced the rotted wood. I also had to fix the floor due to all the windows leaking. I pulled out every window and resealed. It was 1000x better when I sold it to get the Jayco. It was only 4 years old when we got it but the slide had and still has a slight issue. Going on 10 years now and it hasn't gotten any worse.
I found out that you really have to know what to look for when buying a used camper. I walked on the roof of the Jayco before we bought it. Just to make sure there were no problems.
Best of luck with your decision.
2015 RAM 3500 CTD
steveb285rks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 10:39 PM   #23

sold

well guys i did trade it in at camping world they we told about the roof and the floor and still gave us 2k for trade in on a 2018 crossfire bullet 20bh . they said they would probably part it out that the water heater fridge and furnace would alow them to recoup most of there loss . so we sold it as is
Nulook45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 04:05 AM   #24
Site Team

I'll bet no one can wipe the smile off your face!!
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 10:32 PM   #25

I think you did the right and probably best thing. The roof alone would have cost you over $1500 if you did the work yourself.
Good luck with the new trailer and have lots of fun!

ROOF REPLACEMENT

PARTIAL FLOOR REPLACEMENT
Scott91370 is offline   Reply With Quote