Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-09-2022, 08:06 AM   #121

Water is amazing at finding ways in. Driving in the rain may have forced water under a seal.
Old 12-09-2022, 03:26 PM   #122

Yep,
Looks like all of us in the other post links above are all having the same issues. Yes, LIPERT is the manufacturer of the doors!
HERE WAS JAYCO'S ANSWER TO MY E-MAIL AND PHOTOS:

Lippert did respond and advised they are not sure what the cause would be for the cracking.
The door will most likely need replaced. I t could be from Moisture. They are not sure.
This is a very uncommon issue.

REALLY NOW?????? Can I stop laughing.

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 01:31 PM   #123

We still love the layout and comfort but we seemed to have worked through a few issues with this 2019 we bought new. Plumbing fittings, wiring issues, interior trim falling off. But today was the Dometic 310 tolit. The pedal broke off and I'm having a heck of a time finding a new part, I may have to replace the whole tolit. Any one with a good source of parts for the 310?
Thanks, Dan
Jayco321RSTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 02:50 PM   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayco321RSTS View Post
We still love the layout and comfort but we seemed to have worked through a few issues with this 2019 we bought new. Plumbing fittings, wiring issues, interior trim falling off. But today was the Dometic 310 tolit. The pedal broke off and I'm having a heck of a time finding a new part, I may have to replace the whole tolit. Any one with a good source of parts for the 310?
Thanks, Dan

That’s a bummer. Is it broken entirely off the toilet so I can’t be flushed? That’s a critical item right there.

As for my break today…. My rear view camera on my fifth weel has been freezing the image and occasionally losing signal. Now, it’s completely out. No signal. Blue light is on back there so I know it’s still getting power. Looking to replace it. It’s a Furion. I see etrailer has one that looks similar. Anyone replaced one of these lately? Curious if the plug and screw holes are consistent since 2019.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 04:01 PM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayco321RSTS View Post
But today was the Dometic 310 tolit. The pedal broke off and I'm having a heck of a time finding a new part, I may have to replace the whole tolit. Any one with a good source of parts for the 310?
Thanks, Dan
I don't believe the foot pedal on the 310 is a replaceable part, which sucks. Time for a new toilet unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxLoser View Post

As for my break today…. My rear view camera on my fifth weel has been freezing the image and occasionally losing signal. Now, it’s completely out. No signal. Blue light is on back there so I know it’s still getting power. Looking to replace it. It’s a Furion. I see etrailer has one that looks similar. Anyone replaced one of these lately? Curious if the plug and screw holes are consistent since 2019.
A quick call/e-mail to E-trailer with your current cameras model/serial# so they could cross reference it should produce the answer you're looking for. They're pretty good at this stuff.
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 07:40 PM   #126
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCNashville View Post
I don't believe the foot pedal on the 310 is a replaceable part, which sucks. Time for a new toilet unfortunately.
Is this it or are you talking about the valve?
https://www.amazon.com/Dometic-38531...47257475&psc=1
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2022, 07:28 PM   #127

Would'nt you know, on the coldest day our converter bit the big one. Only putting out 9.6 volts. Not blaming Jayco cause the 5er is almost 11yrs old,
Luckily after calling about 6 rv dealers/Mobil techs here in East Tx I found one that will work. It was only 64 miles over there then back & the install took maybe 10 minutes tops.
Had to find one as we are living in ours while haveing our new house built here at the farm. I was able to keep things working by hooking a charger to the batteries
poohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 07:12 AM   #128

Thats a bummer, but good attitude about it and good workaround with the charger.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
Old 12-24-2022, 09:07 AM   #129

Quote:
Thats a bummer, but good attitude about it and good workaround with the charger.
We have had very few problems with this 5er. Only big thing was the big slidemotor died a couple years back & some very minor warranty issues when new. Owning & useing for 11years things happen
I look back on our pop up , 2 TT's, MH, & our 321RLTS had no really big problems other than me hitting a tree requiring a new roof.
poohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 10:04 PM   #130

First Real Trip - Jayco Jay Flight 184BS

Also posted on IRV2 Forum...

I am on Day 6 of 10 (turned into 7 or 8) - Denton TX to Gunnison CO and back.

In no particular order...

Cabinet latch broke and took some of the wood with it. Easy fix at home. Could fix on the road but I'll probably replace square head screws with phillips.

Black streak on left side of RV because some guy with a Uhaul ran into me doing 65 on the freeway. Thankfully it was just a "love tap".

Broke the back right stabilizer jack - our first boondock camp search went terribly. We found a nice campground eventually. This will get fixed at home at the end of the week. I can live with the wiggles for now. I need to look at it to see if it is welded on or if it bolts (here's to hoping it is bolts!).

Awning teased me - didnt want to move from the retracted position then as I went to troubleshoot, it decided to work. *shrugs*

Screen door material coming loose from the rubber thingy that holds it in place - this was an easy fix but I should get a roller tool to make sure it is in there properly.

My wallet broke with gas prices!

Im sure there will be other things.
DogwoodLynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2023, 05:24 AM   #131

None of that is too bad aside from the black streak. Could’ve been real bad. We’re on day 9 of 9 headed back today. DFW-Custer SD- DFW.

Lost my cap over the black tank siphon on the roof, TV antenna shaft to the swivel dial broke, my stairs grabbed the screen door and pulled out the screws from the piece that holds it to the main door.

Had a near disaster… I’m deaf from airplanes I think and my 12 year old asked why the trailer was making so much weird noise. Panick set in as I realized a pop up storm was approaching. I’m guessing it was at least 50mph gust when all said and done. My awnings were both out and flapping like kites. Thankfully got them in before any damage occurred(before the full gusts). Kid said I owed him the money I’d have spent on awnings. Lol.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
Old 07-29-2023, 01:01 AM   #132

Rain gutter spout,
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 09:17 AM   #133

Quote:
None of that is too bad aside from the black streak. Could’ve been real bad. We’re on day 9 of 9 headed back today. DFW-Custer SD- DFW.

Lost my cap over the black tank siphon on the roof, TV antenna shaft to the swivel dial broke, my stairs grabbed the screen door and pulled out the screws from the piece that holds it to the main door.

Had a near disaster… I’m deaf from airplanes I think and my 12 year old asked why the trailer was making so much weird noise. Panick set in as I realized a pop up storm was approaching. I’m guessing it was at least 50mph gust when all said and done. My awnings were both out and flapping like kites. Thankfully got them in before any damage occurred(before the full gusts). Kid said I owed him the money I’d have spent on awnings. Lol.
You have a smart kid! Glad you were able to save the awnings!

We absolutely got lucky that a black streak was all that came from the Uhaul interaction. I didnt know they made contact until I stopped to look (and clean my shorts!). All I saw in my mirrors was how CLOSE we got. Some peopke should not be allowed to drive!

Looks like your other fixes should be relatively easy.

As someone that has been around planes all my life, I get the panic of not being able to hear! I know of a great Audiologist north of DFW airport of you are interested.
DogwoodLynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 10:21 PM   #134

I can’t get the slide in my trailer to retract. It will come in a couple inches and stop. It will go back out fine, just not in. I went to the dealership it was originally sold from. It was a nice locally owned place that has now been purchased by camping world. The people there wouldn’t tell me where the spot for the manual control is. They weren’t interested in helping me out unless they could charge me $190 an hour to do it. I then contacted Jayco about it and got a vague response on where it is. When I went back to the mountains, where the trailers at, I couldn’t find it where they said it was. When I got back home I emailed them back again. They finally gave me a specific area to look. For my 29RKS it’s behind the step into the trailer. I should be going back up this weekend and will look to see if I can find it. I don’t have the crank they told me I would need and said I could buy one from the dealer. There is no way that I will buy anything from camping world ever again after the way they treated me there. I searched online and found it’s a 5/8" connector that a 5/8" socket should work fine on. I will find out. Luckily I found this issue when I went to move the slider in so I couldn’t have to crawl underneath it to do something. I don’t plan on pulling the trailer out of it’s summer spot until October so I’ve got some time to figure this out. This is info that should be included in the owners manual; not something that we should need to hunted down. I’ve only owned one vehicle that didn’t have a decent owners manual and that was a 1963 Willys CJ-5. The owners manual’s that come with rvs are just plain pathetic.
Weimaraner Duke
MichaelO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 05:07 PM   #135

The freezer door
hinge pin broke
Unfortunately we are in the middle of Labradot
Tied it shuf

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 06:00 PM   #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Gass View Post
The freezer door
hinge pin broke
Unfortunately we are in the middle of Labradot
Tied it shuf
Sorry to hear, Kim. Were you traveling? Or just in camp and opening the door?
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2024, 11:53 AM   #137

P Trap

Standing outside and my wife starts hollering there's water coming from under the sink. P-trap for the sink had come disconnected I guess from a bump while towing. Amazing how much water can pour out of the trap and from the sink before you notice it. I ended up re-tightening the connection and then used zip-ties to help support the pipes so it hopefully won't happen again..

First time we had the vacuum breaker for the black tank rinse put water everywhere. I removed the vacuum breaker and use a backflow preventer and a different hose now.
Tiger85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2024, 12:45 PM   #138

We had the same issue with th p trap
Not enough support and it worked loose
We jammed a spare pot under the trap for support

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2024, 12:49 PM   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Gass View Post
We had the same issue with th p trap
Not enough support and it worked loose
We jammed a spare pot under the trap for support
Good reminder to check these things before the next trip. Thanks!
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2024, 02:00 PM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyDuck View Post
Good reminder to check these things before the next trip. Thanks!
X2
1984 gmc k1500 4x4 s/w/b. s/b 350,700r4,373 diff,.restored and upgraded( retired - sold). 2022 Chevy Z-71 Trail Boss 4x4 crew cab s/w/b 6.2 gas a/t. 2018 hummingbird Baja 16mrb,Yamaha ef2400ishc inverter.
Happy wife / happy life is offline   Reply With Quote