Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Jayco Tech and Tow > Jayco Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 09-28-2022, 02:51 AM   #21
Site Team

Get an inexpensive electronic stud finder. check around where the sticker is and you can nail down exactly where the backer they installed. You can also find wood or aluminum studs. I would not use anything over 1- 1/2 in long.

Speaking from experience those screws are very dangerous sticking out the exterior wall!
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 07:35 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
Get an inexpensive electronic stud finder. check around where the sticker is and you can nail down exactly where the backer they installed. You can also find wood or aluminum studs. I would not use anything over 1- 1/2 in long.

Speaking from experience those screws are very dangerous sticking out the exterior wall!
I used the stud finder and it worked! We have the articulating mount. When it’s in the closed and locked position it is still very bouncy. DW wedges a piece of pool noodle between the television and the wall. No more bouncing.
Attached Thumbnails
840DD669-7C23-4826-BC35-9A976950B2ED.jpeg  
1984 gmc k1500 4x4 s/w/b. s/b 350,700r4,373 diff,.restored and upgraded( retired - sold). 2022 Chevy Z-71 Trail Boss 4x4 crew cab s/w/b 6.2 gas a/t. 2018 hummingbird Baja 16mrb,Yamaha ef2400ishc inverter.
Happy wife / happy life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 06:35 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyDuck View Post
Exactly my point.
My sticker was half on and half off the spot.
TaftCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 06:53 PM   #24

I screwed mine into the cabinet frame on the opposite side of the wall. Made for a very solid attachment.
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 01:23 PM   #25

Thanks that's what I thinking of doing just take the TT back to the dealer I got from and have them install the TV Wall Mount. I really don't want to screw things up like hit a wire with the screw and cut the wire or something I think taking it back to the dealer is much better and let them do it. Thanks for Info. Guys.
David Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 12:20 PM   #26

I mounted mine in a wall stud not enough meat to hold TV with wall only
che57vy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 12:22 PM   #27

2”x3”

The standard wall studs on a 212QB are 2”x 3”. The area behind the sticker on the rear wall identifies an area of a backing plate they install between the studs foe mounting. I suggest mounting it directly to a stud for a more secure hold. I used 1.5” lag screws. When you take into consideration the paneling and the thickness of the plate itself you will probably be in the range of 1.25 depth into stud.

Email Jayco Support with your contact informing and the VIN # of your trailer and ask for the schematics of your trailer. They will send you an email in a day or two with PDF for your trailer. Ask for what you want, ie layout, studding, plumbing etc. I asked for everything, and leave it in the trailer.
1derful Ways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 12:59 PM   #28

Tv mount

Hi,we have a 2017 212qbw I ordered this tv mount for ours . Works great !
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot_20221001-145535_Amazon Shopping.jpg  
Arthur listeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 02:05 PM   #29

Email Jayco customer service with your VIN number and ask for the schematics for your trailer - studs, plumbing, electrical, etc. This will tell you where the studs are and what thickness you are working with.
Mamacat2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 02:08 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dave View Post
Hello everybody I just got me brand new 2022 Jayco 212QB SLX8 and I want to mount a TV wall mount where it shows that you can mount your TV wall mount. There is a sticker on the wall that says here is where you can mount your TV. But not sure what size or how long of the Lag screw can I use that I won't go though the outside wall of my trailer. I am want to install a swivel type wall mount for a 19" TV over my the dinette area. Dose anybody have any idea how long of a screw I can use. Need long enough to hold my TV but not to long to go though the whole wall.

Thanks
We used those butterfly toggles that you push through a hole and then they flip out behind the paneling, work great! Picked up a mount from HF that allows us to easily remove the TV which we put on the mattress when driving. We added another mount above the bedroom window.
joe w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 09:36 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyrlef View Post
One word, DVD player. We're often in the same predicament, I like true stories, so I got the original Star Trek Anthology, all John Wayne's movies and the Bonanza and Wagon Train anthologies. DW likes some 18th or 19th century shows about rich people who sit around and talk all the time and a guy named Mr. Darcy who every girl wants to marry, which is also, btw., by all accounts, a true story,
I use a firestick, and starlink.
An AWESOME combo in my opinion
Jerrypd is offline   Reply With Quote