Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Jayco Tech and Tow > Jayco Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2022, 02:32 PM   #1

What is the thickness of the walls for a 2022 Jayco 212QB SLX

Hello everybody I just got me brand new 2022 Jayco 212QB SLX8 and I want to mount a TV wall mount where it shows that you can mount your TV wall mount. There is a sticker on the wall that says here is where you can mount your TV. But not sure what size or how long of the Lag screw can I use that I won't go though the outside wall of my trailer. I am want to install a swivel type wall mount for a 19" TV over my the dinette area. Dose anybody have any idea how long of a screw I can use. Need long enough to hold my TV but not to long to go though the whole wall.

Thanks
David Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 02:39 PM   #2
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dave View Post
Hello everybody I just got me brand new 2022 Jayco 212QB SLX8 and I want to mount a TV wall mount where it shows that you can mount your TV wall mount. There is a sticker on the wall that says here is where you can mount your TV. But not sure what size or how long of the Lag screw can I use that I won't go though the outside wall of my trailer. I am want to install a swivel type wall mount for a 19" TV over my the dinette area. Dose anybody have any idea how long of a screw I can use. Need long enough to hold my TV but not to long to go though the whole wall.

Thanks
Open a door or window, there's your wall thickness.
Onyrlef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 02:41 PM   #3

Photo

Photo
Attached Thumbnails
FFECA770-5F4D-43CE-A119-78D922810DB0.jpg  
David Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 06:40 PM   #4

Don't use a lag screw, those are WAY too long. Contact Jayco directly, or your dealer. They install them all the time.
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 07:47 PM   #5
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon059 View Post
Don't use a lag screw, those are WAY too long. Contact Jayco directly, or your dealer. They install them all the time.
Lag screws, like any other screw, come in various lengths and shank diameters.
Old 09-26-2022, 11:07 PM   #6

I would play it safe and email Jayco and ask for schematics showing the back wall interior structure. They typically respond very quickly. It will show dimensions of the studs, backer plate etc.
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 07:04 AM   #7

ours had the TV mount and the TV over the dinette already in.. I will ferret through the pile of manuals and see if there is one for the TV mount system.

We have the same TT. For us the TV is a waste.. we never are near any stations and cable hookup does not exist where we camp.

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 07:52 AM   #8
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Gass View Post
ours had the TV mount and the TV over the dinette already in.. I will ferret through the pile of manuals and see if there is one for the TV mount system.

We have the same TT. For us the TV is a waste.. we never are near any stations and cable hookup does not exist where we camp.
One word, DVD player. We're often in the same predicament, I like true stories, so I got the original Star Trek Anthology, all John Wayne's movies and the Bonanza and Wagon Train anthologies. DW likes some 18th or 19th century shows about rich people who sit around and talk all the time and a guy named Mr. Darcy who every girl wants to marry, which is also, btw., by all accounts, a true story,
Old 09-27-2022, 08:00 AM   #9

DVD yes.. Though for our trip to Newfoundland I picked up some good ones at the library for a quarter each. And a real dud.. The Aviator. And we watched it cause it was pouring out.
It was the Christopher Reeve film from 1985.

Ferreting around we have the complete West Wing set.. it ought to be good. Just dusted it off.

Sorry for the hijack.

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Old 09-27-2022, 08:15 AM   #10
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Gass View Post
DVD yes.. Though for our trip to Newfoundland I picked up some good ones at the library for a quarter each. And a real dud.. The Aviator. And we watched it cause it was pouring out.
It was the Christopher Reeve film from 1985.

Ferreting around we have the complete West Wing set.. it ought to be good. Just dusted it off.

Sorry for the hijack.
Agree, West Wing is first rate.
Old 09-27-2022, 08:32 AM   #11

One inch long screws is plenty to hold up any TV that you can fit on that wall. I just used the screws that came with the mounting hardware when I bought the mounting bracket and they were 1" long.
2016 Ram 2500 CC SWB 6.4 Hemi 3:73
2021 Jay Flight 33RBTS- +/- 10,500 lbs. on travel day
Hughes Power Watchdog Bluetooth surge protector
Jerry713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 09:24 AM   #12
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry713 View Post
One inch long screws is plenty to hold up any TV that you can fit on that wall. I just used the screws that came with the mounting hardware when I bought the mounting bracket and they were 1" long.
Subtract the thickness of the plate+the wall board and you're left with about ~13/16" of the 1" screw in whatever is behind the wallboard. Just sayin'.
Old 09-27-2022, 09:30 AM   #13

A follow-up to the OP: We have the same trailer too. It had no stickers on the back wall showing where to attach a mounting bracket and I’m not sure if would have trusted them anyway. We set our 28-inch TV on the shelf above the table once we set up camp and take it down before we depart. It’s easy to see from the couch and is right in front of the power outlet, cable jack etc. I bought a compact LG DVD player for $30 on sale and keep it in the adjacent cabinet, running the cords through the sidewall to the power and TV.

Granted, it’s a little bit of extra effort to set up and take down the TV (especially for short stays) but it’s safely packed away in between stops and I don’t worry about it bouncing on a wall bracket when we travel. Plus it doesn’t sit out on the rig during winter cold or summer heat.
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
Old 09-27-2022, 01:01 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyrlef View Post
Subtract the thickness of the plate+the wall board and you're left with about ~13/16" of the 1" screw in whatever is behind the wallboard. Just sayin'.
I hear ya that's not much but there's usually at least 4 screws. That's all I used and no issues so far. The TV's now days don't weigh that much and there's just not enough room on the OP's wall to mount a large TV.
2016 Ram 2500 CC SWB 6.4 Hemi 3:73
2021 Jay Flight 33RBTS- +/- 10,500 lbs. on travel day
Hughes Power Watchdog Bluetooth surge protector
Jerry713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 02:12 PM   #15
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry713 View Post
I hear ya that's not much but there's usually at least 4 screws. That's all I used and no issues so far. The TV's now days don't weigh that much and there's just not enough room on the OP's wall to mount a large TV.
I had a wall mount in a travel trailer, but it was articulating so I took the TV down and stored it while underway, kinda like Lucky Duck. A flat non articulating I could live with, I have one in the bedroom of MH that's wall mounted and does fine.
Old 09-27-2022, 05:40 PM   #16

Quote:
Lag screws, like any other screw, come in various lengths and shank diameters.
I suppose. I think lag screws and think much larger than a simple wood screw. Perhaps they come in shorter lengths...
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 05:58 PM   #17

Still forgot to check as we spent the day cleaning it inside but forgot
We have an articulating mount that locks and has been secure on logging roads.
And in newfoundland which has much rougher roads than anywhere I have been save maybe Chaco Canyon
Old 09-27-2022, 07:33 PM   #18

I'm addition to the other advice

Don't trust the sticker. They slap the sticker on out of habit without verifying. They step a little short and it will be off.

There isn't much extra there, just some thin plywood scraps.
Old 09-27-2022, 07:49 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaftCoach View Post
I'm addition to the other advice

Don't trust the sticker. They slap the sticker on out of habit without verifying. They step a little short and it will be off…
Exactly my point.
Old 09-27-2022, 07:52 PM   #20

Quote:
One word, DVD player,
Technically that's 2 words LOL....
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote