Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-19-2020, 11:33 AM   #1

Wheel Alignments and Chassis Work in Central VA

In case you might be interested I had my Accolade in for the completion of some warranty work and the dealer told me they are now doing wheel balancing, wheel alignments and non-warranty chassis work. I specifically asked about alignments on the Freightliner and Ford F53 chassis and they said they are doing them on all chassis. They also specifically said they will not do warranty work on any chassis.

The dealer is General RV in Ashland, VA.

Again, info for those that might be interested.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 07:28 AM   #2

Did you mean "... will not do warranty work ...". As in they will not do warranty work on any chassis, including ones they sell?
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
In case you might be interested I had my Accolade in for the completion of some warranty work and the dealer told me they are now doing wheel balancing, wheel alignments and non-warranty chassis work. I specifically asked about alignments on the Freightliner and Ford F53 chassis and they said they are doing them on all chassis. They also specifically said they will not do warranty work on any chassis.

The dealer is General RV in Ashland, VA.

Again, info for those that might be interested.

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 07:43 AM   #3

If the chassis is still. under the manufacturer's warranty (e.g. Ford or Freightliner) they will not perform chassis work such as engine or trans work or chassis AC work. They will perform some of the chassis services if the coach is no longer under the chassis manufacturer's warranty. I believe it boils down to not being an "Authorized Service Center" for the chassis manufacturer and not being able to file warranty claims for chassis work. It does not matter whether or not they sold the coach. If a coach they sold is under a chassis warranty they will transport it for repair but the owner will be charged for the transportation expense or they will tell the owner who they can take it to for repair.

I was informed of this while I was talking about them using Excel truck group to do alignments on the Freighliner chassis and they then informed me about their new offerings.

It is another option especially for the F53 chassis where it can be difficult to find a shop that can do alignments and tire balancing due to the size of a motorhome.

Again, in case someone is interested.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote