Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-29-2015, 02:46 PM   #1

Window off track - Can I fix it?

I just purchased a 2015 Jayco 31UL and the passenger side dinette window came out of the roller track. Is there a way for me to fix it? Here is a picture.

Thank you,

Don
dwmiller78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 03:10 PM   #2

The only way I know is to remove the knob and drill out the rivets. Then re rivet it.
Old 01-29-2015, 03:34 PM   #3

Along the top of the window are some screws (maybe three of them). Remove these screws and you can slide the window left and right in the track so you can put the rollers back in the end of the track. I also sprayed mine with some silicone to help keep the rollers from binding.
Old 01-29-2015, 06:26 PM   #4

Sailor's got it right. Remove the screws at the top of the window (outside) and it will slide back and forth. This is an issue with the windows on the 2015. Those screws are hard to get out so be careful. Don't ask me how I know!
redenbacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 08:37 AM   #5

Why fix it yourself??? you paid good money when you bought it and got a 2 year warranty.. take it in and let the dealer fix it...
93/2020,157/2019219/2018 206/2017,215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 10:23 AM   #6

Good question. I was worried that the window would bang against the frame traveling down the road (60 miles to dealer) and shatter. I don't know how strong the tempered glass is and it was only a 15 minute fix. I know the warranty would cover replacement should that happen but I didn't want the inconvenience of waiting for a window replacement in the middle of camping season. It is also good info to have for when the warranty is over and something like this happens. A lot of folks will try to push the rollers back into the track and that only makes it worse.
redenbacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 11:05 AM   #7

Mine did the same thing and I took it back to the dealer. I used a bungee cord to strap it down and it worked fine. I hope Jayco has a fix for it.
rbintheup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 01:10 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbintheup View Post
I hope Jayco has a fix for it.
If you over extend the window (force it open too far) the track angle changes and the wheels will pop out of the track, Open the window until you start to feel some resistance on the crank and then stop.
Old 02-02-2015, 06:24 PM   #9

Just opened one of mine for the first time last night and both arms popped off the track. Didn't know it till this morning. No luck getting them back in so I guess I'll have to get a ladder and see if I can see the screws on top of the window. Hoping I didn't ruin anything trying to get them back in.
Vaneta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 11:24 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seann45 View Post
Why fix it yourself??? you paid good money when you bought it and got a 2 year warranty.. take it in and let the dealer fix it...
I just got done taking my 1206 Pop Up for warranty work on the roof at the local camping world and the service was horrible. On pick up, when hooking up there was no battery box. I had just upgraded my group 24 to a 27 and had a brand new battery box. I told the service guy about it. He brings out a box that has holes drilled in it and caulking all over it. I told him that it was not mine, mine was brand new. He then brings out another one and the lid didn't even fit this box so he goes back in and brings a brand new lid out??? Why not just bring the bottom with it??? Then when checking the repair, one of the roof latches had the part missing that latches to the roof. Tell him about that. He comes back and said he had to steel one from a new unit. OK so the roof goes up and down, roof is fixed. So I get home and put my camper into the garage due to it being winter here. Go to put the wheel on the tongue jack, can't. They dragged that damn thing so many times that I had to grind the lip off to get the wheel to go on. Great, what else am I going to find??? So the pop up is in my garage so I can't open it all the way but I can check stuff. Well, the stereo face plate is scratched to hell, stereo don't work, greasy hand prints on my bathroom door cover, no caulk on panel they removed, looks like they hit the molding on the bottom of the roof and it is now bowed out on the side. I haven't even opened the trailer up all the way to see what else is screwed up. I had a pristine trailer and now all of this plus what else I find.

I will fix my own stuff from now on... I don't even want to take it to them to fix what they jacked up. Sad day-n-age we live in that no one takes pride in their work no more...
jaycojls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 11:35 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seann45 View Post
I just got done taking my 1206 Pop Up for warranty work on the roof at the local camping world and the service was horrible. On pick up, when hooking up there was no battery box. I had just upgraded my group 24 to a 27 and had a brand new battery box. I told the service guy about it. He brings out a box that has holes drilled in it and caulking all over it. I told him that it was not mine, mine was brand new. He then brings out another one and the lid didn't even fit this box so he goes back in and brings a brand new lid out??? Why not just bring the bottom with it??? Then when checking the repair, one of the roof latches had the part missing that latches to the roof. Tell him about that. He comes back and said he had to steel one from a new unit. OK so the roof goes up and down, roof is fixed. So I get home and put my camper into the garage due to it being winter here. Go to put the wheel on the tongue jack, can't. They dragged that damn thing so many times that I had to grind the lip off to get the wheel to go on. Great, what else am I going to find??? So the pop up is in my garage so I can't open it all the way but I can check stuff. Well, the stereo face plate is scratched to hell, stereo don't work, greasy hand prints on my bathroom door cover, no caulk on panel they removed, looks like they hit the molding on the bottom of the roof and it is now bowed out on the side. I haven't even opened the trailer up all the way to see what else is screwed up. I had a pristine trailer and now all of this plus what else I find.

I will fix my own stuff from now on... I don't even want to take it to them to fix what they jacked up. Sad day-n-age we live in that no one takes pride in their work no more...
Old 02-04-2015, 07:38 PM   #12

If I were you I shoot an e-mail to the manager and service manager. Have them both there when you bring it back in and show them all the problems and tell them all problems you had with your service. I bet they will fix for free. This will let them know they have a bad service tech and they may get fired.
.......Roof Satellite Dish, Vent Covers, Bedroom Vent Fan,
.......Rear Reciever, 12V DC Outlets (6), 320W Solar & Controller,
.......4 Lifeline AGM Batteries (600 Ah @ 12V),
.......Stereo Upgraded, Interior Speaker Upgrade, Amp
Imnaha.Mansion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 06:13 AM   #13

The day I brought it home, the service manager and the guy at Jayco heard my story. We'll see how things go this spring when I take it out of storage.
Old 02-05-2015, 07:23 AM   #14
Site Team

I think I see one problem. The word Camping World and Technician used in the same sentence.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 09:43 AM   #15

I agree norty, they call themselves technicians only because they can spell it. LOL! Low pay and don't care.
2013 F150 Super Crew 3.5, 3:31
2004 f150 Super Crew 5.4, 3:73 traded
silverark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 12:38 PM   #16

I don't know about that silverark, that is giving them a little too much credit, being able to spell technician and all. Yeah, I totally agree but that is the only authorized dealer near me according to Jayco. If I ever need warranty work done again, getting a new 19RD, I will check here for the best Jayco dealer close to me that people have experience with.
Old 02-05-2015, 12:42 PM   #17

[ If I ever need warranty work done again, getting a new 19RD, I will check here for the best Jayco dealer close to me that people have experience with.[/QUOTE]

That would be your best bet. Just note that because you didn't buy it from them, they may put you on a wait list. Still worth it.
2013 F150 Super Crew 3.5, 3:31
2004 f150 Super Crew 5.4, 3:73 traded
silverark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 05:55 PM   #18

Well, I'm curious what you hooked the bungee cord to.....the lips on the window don't seem like much to hold it.
Old 02-07-2015, 06:08 PM   #19

So I picked my 21FBS up near the end of Jan from a dealer in Myrtle Beach (Camper Country) and I like that it is run by the family that owns it. So the window had come off the track and though I tried some of your fixes initially, I just decided to make some calls. I did this also because I knew I had a loose wire too as my furnace and then eventually anything running off the thermostat all finally quit working. I sent the dealer an email (I'm 400 miles from him now) and told him I'd follow up with a phone call later in the day. By 8:30 A.M., an employee at the dealer was calling to say she'd already spoken with Jayco and gave me the number to call. They immediately authorized an on-site visit. Closest Jayco place is 60 miles away in Tampa so I called them for a referral and the place they gave me (Camper Corral in Sebring) was wonderful. Quick and efficient and very reasonably priced (although I'm supposed to be reimbursed). Now they hadn't worked with a Jayco and the window issue so they ended up drilling out the rivets. And no way to locate the loose wire in the wall so a "jury rig" was done to hook into the bathroom fan. My point here is that there were things wrong but everyone I spoke with was helpful and really didn't ask questions but made sure I got what I needed. So if this continues to be how Jayco operates, then that touted 2 yr warranty will be worth something! (It could have been all talk and then a run around) I just hope that as I continue to work thru a couple of other issues, that's the end of it. Really shouldn't have to spend most of your time "fixing" rather than enjoying!
Old 02-07-2015, 06:30 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycojls View Post
I don't know about that silverark, that is giving them a little too much credit, being able to spell technician and all. Yeah, I totally agree but that is the only authorized dealer near me according to Jayco. If I ever need warranty work done again, getting a new 19RD, I will check here for the best Jayco dealer close to me that people have experience with.
So I just "came over" from Forest River. I did not want to take my TT to the Forest River dealer in my town and I told Forest River why. They were fine with me using another place to fix my camper; it wasn't under warranty but had a couple of "recall" issues. So since Jayco did the same for me since I didn't have a dealer nearby, I'm wondering if you find someone decent to do your work if Jayco might approve that after you apprise them of your service with the current one.