Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-03-2016, 03:07 PM   #1

Smile winegard roof antenna repaired

Ist let me say it was DW's fault since i'm the driver and she's the spotter. I tried that logic with her but when the jury returned a verdict, I was the guilty party. In truth I'm not sure where/when it happened but the 2 times I backed into a site in the dark are the prime suspects. I remember a recent thread about backing into a site in the dark and my comment then and I repeat it now, DO NOT DO IT!!!!! Anyway got lucky and the branch only bent the 2 uprights on the roof antanee that was laying flat on the roof at the time. Could have been a vent, AC cover, or skylite. Both uprights bent 90degrees.

Ordered replacement elevation shafts on Amazon [$15] and installed today. Easy repair but when working alone, take all the tools you might need including a 7/16 wrench to loosen the coax connector and needlenose plyers to pull the C clips. Then when you go down and bring up a couple small wrenches remember to also get the 7/16. Also be careful when you remove the C clips from the installed pins because you might need one of them when a new one flies off into never never land when you reinstall the pins. Did I mention it was an easy repair?
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 04:16 PM   #2

And I thought I was the only one that makes several trips for just 3 tools. Did you ever come down and forget what the hell you came down for and you just had 1 tool to go ( I'm not one to name names ).
Old 12-03-2016, 09:09 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunce the traveler View Post
( I'm not one to name names ).
Wouldn't matter if you did, none of us would remember.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 07:50 AM   #4

Back to the roof today when it stops raining as I forgot to reinstall the boot over the coax connector and noticed the plastic "foot" in the left over parts bag that was supposed to be stuck on the bottom of the lower lift tube. Not sure either are fatal errors but will finish the repair when it stops raining and hopefully before the rain turns to sleet or snow.

Have the new fender skirt in the barn [delivered yesterday] but will wait for a sunny day since I have to drill out new screw holes and plastic tends to crack when it is cold.

RV repairs and maintenance, what else would we do to keep busy?
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 10:59 AM   #5

Aah,,,,,I forgot what I was going to say.
Shorty Cox is offline   Reply With Quote