Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-07-2020, 10:45 AM   #1

Wiring problem 2005 Jayco Greyhawk 31ss

I had a tire blow out on the rear diver side on my 2005 Jayco Greyhawk and it tore several wires. The wires are white, brown, black, and one that looks like a 3 wire AC cord. Issues caused by this appear to be that Battery will not charge from 30 amp AC service or the generator. The alternator still charges the battery. Lights over the slide-out will not come on. I can't trace where the wires go. Can anyone help me with this?
Wiring diagram would be helpful.
Thanks..
dquick48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 09:56 AM   #2

@dquick48 did you get a wiring diagram? I have an '04 31SS and I need a wiring diagram also since the previous owner(s) made a mess of the wiring my battery compartment.
PfarrJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 01:36 PM   #3

The wiring diagram in the owners manual for the slide in my 2005 Greyhawk is nothing like realty. There re 1 or 2 relays that the in & out switch activates to operate the slide but I can't find them. Schematic shows 4 wires at the switch but I found only 3. there is 14-16 gauge wire at the switch but 10 gauge at the motor and the fuse. I have power at the fuse , the switch and the motor however when I push the switch not sound and any indication that it is even trying to move. I used one of the miniature jump starters to apply 12V directly to the motor and it works. I 'm at a loss and I'm pretty good at trouble shooting dc circuits from my days with Ma Bell.
Thunderbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 09:54 AM   #4

Update

I found the relay. It is under the bathroom sink and it is screwed to the floor next to the water pump. I'm getting power to it as I can hear it click when I work the rocker switch. I get V to the motor but it acts like no power. I connected one of the compact jump starters and the motor moves the slide in and out. I probably need to check how much V i'm getting to the motor.

I have ordered a new relay circuit board as the original look dirty and some corrosion.

I was told to contact Jayco by email and give them my vin and they would send a circuit diagram back by email.

I have the same problem with the battery area. The previous owner or someone else wired the battery straight thru so the battery cut off switch doesn't work. I did replace the circuit breaker at the battery tray with one that is made for wet or marine applications.

Young Marine Circuit Breaker for Boat Trolling with Manual Reset,Water Proof,12V- 48V DC (Surface Mount-60A
Thunderbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2024, 06:45 PM   #5

Do you have wiring diagram I had same problem but on passenger side.. where all the harness meet.. I can not find a color of the wires for my 06 31ss..
PARTYman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2024, 06:47 PM   #6

Did you find a wiring diagram by chance?
PARTYman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2024, 09:13 PM   #7

No. Jayco (and most manufacturers) purge their records after a few years, I heard somewhere that 5 years is their limit. We were well beyond the expiration date.
'04 Granite Ridge 31SS
PfarrJam is offline   Reply With Quote