Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-13-2015, 08:04 AM   #11

Yeah, they soaked the roof too...no leaks. Doubt it was the fridge.

In my original post I stated that the dealership re-sealed the fridge vent. They said the chalk was not put on properly and that is where the leak is from. But it leaked once since then and I am still not convinced that where it was coming from. The base the furnace sits on was wet....

AirLift 1000 Suspension
MrScary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 10:16 PM   #12

We just bought the precept motorhome 31UL..took for fiest trip..2 leaks in bathroom. One behind toilet..other under the bathroom sink...husband taped the one under the sink.stopped for now..but its going in for service

sheila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 12:26 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrScary View Post
Well, Camping World has it now to fix the tent end. It wasn't sealed properly at the factory so that was/is an easy fix.

I hope for your sake it is an easy fix. Mine was leaking at the tent end and I was told the same thing "Not sealed properly from the factory" Then 2 replacement tent ends were sent in damaged. 3rd one was ok, but, after 7 months at the dealer, it was still leaking.
Old 05-26-2015, 08:18 PM   #14

I have the same issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrScary View Post
Yeah, they soaked the roof too...no leaks. Doubt it was the fridge.

In my original post I stated that the dealership re-sealed the fridge vent. They said the chalk was not put on properly and that is where the leak is from. But it leaked once since then and I am still not convinced that where it was coming from. The base the furnace sits on was wet....
It poured today, water in the furnace area. I replicated the issue by spraying the side of the camper, like I was washing it. Sure enough, water runs down the side of the camper and into the vent hole and into the furnace and onto floor. It's like the vent tube is tilted into the camper. The camper was completely level.
ajgvsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 09:22 PM   #15

You're on to something there. I had two dealers that could not replicate the issue. I don't know why it never occurred to me to check the camper level. I never worried about it in my driveway but if it's not level, the tube could leak in....

I have it in my driveway now, it's been raining, no leaking. It's not perfectly level, tilts in the direction that would tilt the vent tube toward the inside....it's not far off.

Maybe the dealer straightened it out without realizing it. I know the messed with it because they forgot to re-connect the heat ducts (doh!).

I will be keeping an eye on it. Maybe level it and try to replicate....
AirLift 1000 Suspension
Old 05-27-2015, 04:50 PM   #16

Well....today we had a storm blow through...yep, leaked again! So, I sealed the heater vent with aluminum tape again. This time, I called Jayco direct. They asked for the pictures from today and the original complaint back in August. They have records of when the other shops looked at this issue. The technician is supposed to call me in the next few days. I'll post what he/she says....
AirLift 1000 Suspension
Old 06-20-2015, 07:05 PM   #17

I brought mine to Terry Town in Grand Rapids. They fixed the issue and repaired the water damage. They did something inside the furnace and resealed the outside as well. I tested it and it passed.
ajgvsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:53 PM   #18

I called them (Terry Town). Basically they re-positioned the heater and reinstalled the exhaust/intake. They also took the vent and turned it towards the ground and sealed the top edge. Apparently, it was installed in a way that the water would pool at the exhaust and drain into the camper instead of out.

I will be taking mine into the nearest dealer and have them contact Terry Town. Hopefully they will be able to fix mine.....

AirLift 1000 Suspension