Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-17-2018, 05:42 PM   #1

X23B Maintenance Day Coming Soon

We've got 9 trips with the X23B under our belt, and I figured it's time to dedicate a weekend of maintence to the TT. Our average mileage for each trip has been approx. 150 miles. Any suggestions on what to check other than the obvious walk arounds prior to each trip, tire pressure, window and vents closing properly etc...

2019 Whitehawk 28RL
2018 Ford F150 3.5 Ecoboost w/3.55

Dennis, Cindy, Philip, and Sarah
Ohiofinlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 01:06 PM   #2

Let me know how it goes, we just picked up our new x23b yesterday. There are a few things that need fixed but the dealer told me to use the 90 day period to identify everything then bring it back in.
eodcoduto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 06:19 PM   #3

Finished up my maintenance for the day. I checked the roof over pretty well for any missing sealant, and everything looked good. Washed the roof and sidewalls, and sprayed around the windows, tent ends, and door pretty aggresively to see if any leaks appeared. Happy to say that everything seems sealed up very well. Crawled around underneath the trailer to see if anything looked out of place, and again things look good. Checked for leaks around any plumbing fittings that I could get to inside, and again looks good. Sprayed a little soapy water on the gas fittings, and good to go. Took off the wheels covers that conceal the lugs and grease fitting, and low and behold finally found an issue. One of the Zerk fittings was missing behind the rubber seal cover. There was a good amount of grease behind the rubber seal but no fitting to be found. The only thing I can figure is that the factory guy who greased the hub pulled the fitting out with the grease gun(threads must have been barely started). Checked the lugs, and they were good also. So, had the one issue and was thankful to catch that before burning up a bearing. All in all, glad I decided to do a maintenance day after a few trips. Happy Camping everybody!! Oh, my DW did a thorough cleaning inside also.

2019 Whitehawk 28RL
2018 Ford F150 3.5 Ecoboost w/3.55

Dennis, Cindy, Philip, and Sarah
Ohiofinlander is offline   Reply With Quote