Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-14-2013, 01:10 AM   #11

We had spots like that show up in our old trailer. they were caused by a build of of moisture, but not from a leak, they were from too high humidity, so probably a different source than yours, but same issue... water. I would suggest trying to remove one with some oxi clean and a mr clean magic eraser, just to see how deep the stain goes. This will tell you if it is a surface stain from humidity, or a leakage stain from the roof. But if your not allowed to do that without nullifying your warranty... Then please disregard what I just said!

Lady Wendolyn Jayflight 28BHS

For a tour of my glamorous, cool camper, and an "Ad a bifold door Mod: http://mycoolcampingcaravanadventures.blogspot.ca

For these Mods: Master bedroom shelving in closets and countertop extension: http://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...es-camper.html

For this Mod: Adding a wall light switch to the master bedroom:
http://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...ht-switch.html
Ladywendolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:34 PM   #12

Here is a update to the issue. Dealer called and said "We still believe its only glue left behind from construction. We have cleaned the yellow spots, re-caulked the drip rail, and it is waiting for you to pick it up. We don't think there was ever a leak." So I drove the hour one way required to pick it up. They indeed re-caulked the rails but I will need to finish cleaning off the yellow spots because they are about 50% still there as you can see in the picture. I think it'll come all the way clean with some elbow grease. If it wouldn't have cost me another 3 hours of driving I would have left it there for them to finish. I'm still not buying into this 100% but I'll play along for a bit and if there's future damage in that area, at least the dealer and Jayco will know when it really started. For now, I'm just glad to have it home next to our garage, ready to go camping at a moments notice.
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	8025

Caleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:26 PM   #13

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Now go do as I instructed, the vinyl track cover is easy to open up, remove a few screws. If I found rusted or corroded screw threads I'd call Jayco directly. Water in a laminated structure doesn't go away and makes a terrible sleeping dog....
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:42 PM   #14

We did remove several screws from the drip rail in that area. They look like new. Thanks for the recommendation!
Caleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:03 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Loveless View Post
snip...... I'm still not buying into this 100% but I'll play along for a bit and if there's future damage in that area, at least the dealer and Jayco will know when it really started.....snip
I would get a copy of the Warranty Service Claim Request that the dealer should have generated...., that way you know it's in Jayco's system.

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (integrated sway control)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote